Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not the family babysitter over pesach
feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Not the family babysitter over pesach
on: March 22, 2013, 2:05 PM

No, you can't just leave your kids in the living room and walk out the door to disappear for two hours and "feigy is watching them." I'm not watching them--I'm going to just walk right out and go to a friends house and you can deal with bubby frantically calling you because nobody else is home with your kids.

If you want to ask me--go right ahead. And I might even say yes, if you don't take too much advantage. I love my siblings, and I love your kids, but I am not your shmatta.

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Not the family babysitter over pesach
on: March 24, 2013, 1:36 AM

Agreed. And I hate it when the sister-in-law sits regally on the couch reading her magazine or book or whatever before y"t while the rest of us are working hard in the kitchen. I understand that she might not feel comfortable to help because it's not her house, but does she really have to sit there relaxing without offering to help in plain view of all of us (who are older than her but single, I might add) working our head off??

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Not the family babysitter over pesach
on: March 25, 2013, 10:45 AM

Story of my life. The frustrating thing is that I can't even go on strike, because that just means my mother will kill herself, and I can't let her go through that.

In sis-in-law slight defense, they often view going to someone else's house like a vacation, and being able to have the status of "guest," as though they are guests in any other house. Maybe she asked once, "Can I help?' and then she was told, "No, no, mammelah shainz, it's OK," so she stopped asking.

Additionally, what one household sees as required work the other doesn't. So I feel like it has to be done, while in their house they don't, so of course they don't do it on their own.

I'm still the shmatte when they come, because I decided to look at it this way: I'm keeping my mother alive by helping her, not that I am helping them.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.1 seconds.