Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mentors
Debbs

Dater

Send Message
Post Mentors
on: April 28, 2013, 2:08 AM

How does one establish a mentor for oneself?
What happens if there is someone you know that you would love as a mentor, but you just dont know how to approach the person because your relationship with him/her is so superficial...

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Mentors
on: April 28, 2013, 7:57 AM

I know the feeling, I spent eight years trying to establish one for myself. What eventually worked was starting to talk to the person about serious things and then slowly going to more and more personal things.

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 28, 2013, 10:23 PM

Tell him/her you would like to talk to them about something when is a good time? After you make the appointment just tell them straight out you had this and this question and you didn't know who to ask....and someone suggested you talk to him/her...

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 4:11 PM

Just a thought. Did you listen to that inshidduchim live radio show with that mentor it's posted towards the bottom over here http://www.inshidduchim.com/forums/shmooze-group6/miscellaneous-forum48/inshidduchim-radio-thread194/ she has a website called http://marriagemindedmentor.com/ if that mentor doesn't work out maybe get in contact with this lady. She sounded amazing from the recording!
It is soo important to have a good mentor!

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 30, 2013, 9:12 PM

Is there someone in your life you really respect and believe can help you? Why not just approach them by saying, "I was wondering if I could as you a question..." or "could you maybe give some advice...."

Start with one question or topic and work your way into a more trusting relationship. Some people, like past teachers or rebbetzins, are really quite willing to help.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 27, 2014, 8:59 PM

I was wondering what i should do when people turn to me as their dating mentor? I want to tell some of these girls that I am not the right person to guide them as some of them have been on more dates in a month than I ever was. I don't feel comfortable telling them that I am inexperienced at this as I am considerably older than most of these girls and they assume that I am always dating which is far from the truth.

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 29, 2014, 12:40 PM

You don't have to say that you aren't experienced. Say that the burden would be too much for you, that it is a lot of responsibility to give another potentially life-altering advice.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.096 seconds.