Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lightinthebox.com- did you ever try it?
chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post lightinthebox.com- did you ever try it?
on: January 29, 2014, 8:53 PM

basically on this site you can order a dress and they custom make it for you (and for custom made things- the prices are great!). basically, my sister ordered a custom made dress from a different site a long time ago and it was just horrendous. does anyone have experience with this site, or any custom made dress site that can tell me of their experience? should i go ahead and if it doesn't work out just try to sell it or give it to a gemach? if i give in my exact measurements, it can't be too awful, can it?? i want a specific gorgeous tznius dress for a friends wedding in march, and this dress seems perfect. any advice?

howmuchlon-
ger

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: lightinthebox.com- did you ever try it?
on: January 29, 2014, 11:58 PM

My Sister in Law used this site. She knew it was a possible risk but B"H it turned out Fine. She did have to fix/ finish it up a bit at a seamstress because she waited to try it on before doing that part.
All in all it looked really nice.

It should not be too big of a risk with exact measurements but hopefully what it looks like in the picture will be exact.
From what i remember there is an option to measure and choose from their sizes or "custom size" for a bit more..
If you're willing to try and sell / donate in worst case scenario then it doesn't sound as scary ( less expectations) Hopefully it will be good and you'll have a beautiful dress!

( That being said I don't know others who used the site, so its hard to say if she was lucky or other people are also happy with their results)

Lots of luck!
if you use them be sure to let us know how it turns out

Balabusta

Dater

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 12:07 AM

I've used light in the box before, quite a few years ago. My sister had tried on a dress from their company so knew about what size to order (she didnt custom order, she got a standard size) the dress was stunning. We did have one issue though... we didnt notice how long the processing time is since it comes from china. The dress took ages till it arrived, it came the day before my brothers bar mitzva and then still needed alterations!!! So just make sure to read the fine print... Good Luck!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 7:53 AM

balabusta, how long in advance did you order it? howmuchlonger- did you have the same problem with waiting a long time till the dress came?

howmuchlon-
ger

Dater

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 2:51 PM

She ordered it soon after the engagement and i think i was there at least 2 weeks before the wedding ( so i'd say it took between 5 and 6 weeks)
If you think you want to have a backup just in case, look into options, don't wait for last second, but my sister in law's came in a decent amount of time and was good.

howmuchlon-
ger

Dater

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 2:52 PM

Chaykie - how many weeks do you have? Does it say an amount of time it takes?
If you do it, order ASAP.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 4:01 PM

Do NOT order from this website! I got a dress from there and it did not look like the picture, was poor quality material and poorly made. I just went back on the website now and I saw the same dress there. I spent a lot of money on it and couldn't even wear it. Do not buy from here they don't have customer service and it is a horrible rip-off.

Balabusta

Dater

Send Message
on: January 30, 2014, 11:37 PM

i dont remember how long it took... but its really a gamble. Your probably better off with nordstrom which offers free shipping and returns, and usually decent quality... but yes, you do end up paying a bit more.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.082 seconds.