Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Klal Yisrael is hurting
chappy613

Dater

Send Message
Post Klal Yisrael is hurting
on: November 19, 2014, 3:54 AM

This is a random rambling and I am not 100% sure I will make sense but here I go.. I was thinking today about the fact that tefilas ani - teffilos b'tzar, have a power greater then the teffilos of Moshe or Dovid ( I believe the source for this can be found in R' Pincus - Sharrei Tefila I am pretty sure perk vav or somewhere around there...) I was also thinking about the fact that at this stage in my life there are a lot of times that I as an individual am b'tzar and it hurts, and then I was thinking about today ( by now yesterday) and about the last few weeks, and all summer, and all the insanity that is the world, and I was thinking Klal Yisrael is truly hurting, we are truly calling to HAshem from a place of tzar. and I was thinking if when I individually am feeling pain related to whatever, if I can channel it together with the tzar of klal yisroel as a whole what power that could possibly have. I was thinking that the group of us on this website have the unique opportunity to take the emotions we are feeling now in this stage of life and channel them towards the pain that Klal Yisrael is feeling and be mispallel for the klal with real emotion.. - I don't know if I can actually do it, but if I can, I feel like it will be a truly rewarding and empowering experience. So basically I just wanted to share that thought with ya'll and I figured an anonymous forum is a great way to do that since I am not totally sure my thoughts made total sense....

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Klal Yisrael is hurting
on: November 20, 2014, 12:14 AM

100%
when feel need to cry
try to channel tefillohs for klal yisrael.
so powereful

T.C.S.

Dater

Send Message
on: November 20, 2014, 6:47 AM

totally agree- I was thinking the same thoughts as you chappy613 so u totally make sence. channeling our pain for tefilla could be a very powerfull way of helping Klal Israel in these times!
bsoros tovos!

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 26, 2014, 10:12 PM

don't know if any of you were in camp sternberg for tisha b'av i think this summer but chivvy garfinkel taught a song whose lyrics are "when you cry don't just cry for yourself cry for me for your fellow brother" something like that but its along the lines of your post. if anyone actually knows the lyrics feel free to post

chappy613

Dater

Send Message
on: November 27, 2014, 11:51 AM

I had't thought of the connection (or this song in a really long time at all actually!) Thanks for bringing it up ๐Ÿ™‚
From previous years in Sternberg I am pretty sure these are the lyrics. Not positive if it is all correct.

When you cry donโ€™t just cry for yourself
Cry for me; for your fellow brother; for another Jew.
Why do you remain alone in your own world of pain?

When we cry,
Let's shatter the gates of heaven.
Cry! Break down all the barriers that separate,
Hashem from his nation
Reawaken Yisroel.

When I cry, I cry for Yerushalayim.
Cry!For so many lost;
For children who don't know,
The treasures they hold,
Their hearts are cold
They can not cry.

Al aile ani bochiya, oy eini
Eini yirda mayim
Ki rochak, rochak
Mi meini meinakhim
Oy meisim nafshi.

Al aile ani bochiya, oy eini
Eini yirda mayim
Ki rochak, rochak
Mi meini meinakhim
Oy meisim nafshi.
That's why I cry!

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 30, 2014, 8:49 PM

wow thats great! i think in the hebrew its meishiv nafshi
otherwise wow thank you!

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 13, 2015, 7:09 PM

The most recent tragedy has really hit home with me, because those girls remind me so much of myself, regular girls in their twenties who were just looking to have a good and relaxing vacation.
I was therefore wondering if anyone has any ideas of an initiative that we can take on l'iyllui nishmasam. I will do any legwork necessary, I just need ideas of what we can do...

chappy613

Dater

Send Message
on: August 18, 2015, 11:14 AM

What about a machsom lifi . A powerofspeech.org page can be set up and as many people who want to participate can join very easily? Maybe we can do it both liyullui nishmasam and as a z'chus refuah sheliama for the two girls still recovering.
Another potential idea is to pick a daily learning thing and all learn it every day, however personally I think the machsom lifi is more practical, the website will even send daily reminders - and if ppl. want a halacha a day, as opposed to the learning which can sometimes be forgotten when ppl. are busy unless they have a reminder or chavrusah...

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 19, 2015, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the idea!
I set up a Machsom l'fi for all 4 girls, as a refuah shleima and liylllui nishams. Anyone who wants to join can sign up at https://powerofspeech.org/groups/INSHIDDUCHIM.
May we hear only besuros tovas.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.16 seconds.