Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Killing Time
its me

Dater

Send Message
Post Killing Time
on: August 19, 2013, 10:08 PM

What do you do to kill time?

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Killing Time
on: August 20, 2013, 8:10 AM

just to point out, whenever i hear the phrase "killing time" I think of the quote a teacher once told me "you can't kill time without injuring eternity"
of course this doesnt mean I dont kill time

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 20, 2013, 11:14 AM

at night - read. check inshidduchim. volunteer for librivox (as opposed to volunteering for a chesed, its at your own pace, while if you volunteer to work for a tzedaka you have to do it during daytime hours).

its me

Dater

Send Message
on: August 20, 2013, 11:16 PM

Quote from life123 on August 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
volunteer for librivox.

librivox.org/?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 12:40 AM

yeah its this company - non profit - that takes public domain works - pretty much meaning it was written before a certain date - and turns them into audiobooks. Generally they are pretty clean though I do research before listening to any book. You can download without logging in but I volunteer by being a dpl - listener, I listen as the books are made by chapter and say if anything is unclear. Its part of their system. I started doing it when I saw they didnt have some of the books i wanted to listen to - I listen to audiobooks while I exercise every night.

miss

Dater

Send Message
on: August 25, 2013, 10:49 PM

I don't understand why single girls feel like they need to kill time. there are so many special sefarim out there, so many families that need help, an entire sefer tehillim that can be said daily, three tefilos a day...
I think we need to say we are lucky that we have this extra time to pack in as much ruchnius before we get married.

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 26, 2013, 1:40 PM

Um, sometimes people want to do stuff for themselves, and they're 100% entitled to that. Not every girl is interested in boning up on Ruchnius whenever she has spare time. Girls like having pointless fun too! Or developing their hobbies. On free nights I enjoy painting stuff, organizing my music/picture libraries, digital drawing, reading a book, baking a new recipe, shopping online after finding coupons, what else?

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 26, 2013, 5:39 PM

wow miss, i wish I was at your level that I could always be so ruchniusdik.
i happen to not get so much sipuk from learning, and love helping people much more, but theres not much you can do iwth that when its 11PM and you ahve 20 minutes to "kill" while waiting for your roommate to come in to ask her opinion on something.
unfortuatly im still working on finding something good to do in that time

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 27, 2013, 7:22 PM

miss, that is a beautiful level- but like purple princess said, we like doing other stuff too 🙂 20 minutes is a good amt of time to do all those things that purple princess said, plus it's even ok to have 20 min just to do absolutely nothing but think. i guess it's kinda a spiritual thing, but hey, you have 20 min- write a list of what you're thankful for, or write a note to some family member thanking them for something or just telling them how special they are, and stick it under their pillow. or call someone you haven't spoken to in a little while. listen to some music. you can even go on a walk and listen to some music/ a shiur. R' Glatstein's shiurim on torahanytime.com are called short and sweet, and that's exactly what they are! i love those when i know i'm short on time! and he's really great! the possibilities are endless.... maybe 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.