Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Im Stuffed
pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Im Stuffed
on: July 16, 2013, 10:01 PM

Do you stuff yourself more right before the fast or right after the fast 😛

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Im Stuffed
on: July 16, 2013, 10:03 PM

Before. Afterwards I have to gradually ease into eating.

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 11:15 AM

Ditto to patcha- I didn't even enjoy eating last night, since I had to break it earlier since I got really really sick. Anyone else get extremely sick yesterday? I'm such a horrible faster!!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 11:23 AM

daysfan: I feel your pain! I also felt really sick last night. You should start eating with shiurim earlier if you're worried about breaking your fast. Ask your Rav before you next fast, when you're allowed to start with shiurim. Don't feel guilty about it - it's much better to eat with shiurim, than to need to break the fast.
I'm a horrible faster too and did that previous years, it resulted in a much better fast and no sickness the day after. This year I made it through the whole thing but had terrible post-fasting sickness.
Yom Kippur is usually much better, and I've never needed shiurim then, but I have no idea why. I think the heat outside may have something to do with how Tisha B'av is so difficult. And it doesn't feel as long.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 11:45 AM

ooh, i'm a bad faster too! i can't believe i made it thru yesterday- i mean, i got really dizzy and had to stop in the middle of mincha and just lay down till the fast was over- i'm always the first to break my fast...i was so nauseous and dizzy and had a terrible headache and i was all hot and cold at the same time...uch it was so annoying...guyz i'm having a problem! i always forget how to start a new forum, and post the first post! is it the "suggest a new forum category" button? cuz as far as i saw, you can't post what you want in there other than a topic. it doesnt make sense...unless i'm totally missing something...

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 12:13 PM

Patcha- Good idea! I'm definitely going to start asking about shiurim, because every year this happens and because I wait too long- I feel so sick. I am very stubborn and really want to continue the fast and no matter what I always end up having to break it! 🙁 B"H I also never had a problem with yom kippur- and yes it prob has to do with heat, and its a little bit shorter fast I believe...

Chaykie- oh wow, glad you made it through though- and yeah I felt the same way, headache, dizzy, nauseousness, it was TERRIBLE! Anyways, I just looked and it looks like you do need to suggest a new forum category- if you want to make a whole new topic. And I think they have to approve it, it looks like. I can be wrong- never did it, so maybe others have a better answer!!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 12:29 PM

Quote from chaykie on July 17, 2013, 11:45 AM
.guyz i'm having a problem! i always forget how to start a new forum, and post the first post! is it the "suggest a new forum category" button? cuz as far as i saw, you can't post what you want in there other than a topic. it doesnt make sense...unless i'm totally missing something...

No no no all you have to do is click the forum tab on top. After you are on the forum page you click a category that your new topic should go under you will then see an option to start a topic. Hope this helps!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 4:41 PM

aha. thanks pray today! i'll try it

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 17, 2013, 4:44 PM

ok yeah it worked, praytoday. i knew i did it once, but for the life of me, couldn't remember how, so thanks!

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 24, 2013, 2:24 PM

daysfan24, actually I think yom kippur is the longest fast...it's hardest for me because I get dizzy from standing up in shul all day.

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 25, 2013, 5:37 PM

I hear ya!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.