Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you believe in freebies?
getmeadate

Dater

Send Message
Post Do you believe in freebies?
on: August 28, 2013, 1:48 PM

So Kupat Hair is running a new program that if you donate steadily every month through automatic billing on your credit card it's as if your a partner with Kupat Hair so it's as if you gave 30 million dollars to Tzedaka this year.
What do you think of that?
It just doesn't sit right with me that you could do tricks to get Mitzvos.
Does Hashem really work like that?
Lehavdil like a someone with a business mind can figure out how to make money easily, can someone with a good Mitzva mind figure out how to easily get Mitzvos?

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Do you believe in freebies?
on: August 28, 2013, 2:31 PM

It doesn't work like that. They are trying to get you to donate so they phrase it in a certain way. Really, all it is is that you are being mishtateif in a huge tzedaka, so you are included in that Mitzvah, but Hashem doesn't count mitzvos based on how many dollars are given anyway.

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 12:35 AM

it doesnt make sense ?? 30 million???? if you x give 30 million then you didnt give it .?? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 10:33 AM

Many rabbomin have come out recently against these "ads"; of course Hashem doesn't work like that.

People come from the perspective that if something isn't going right, it means Hashem has "forgotten" about you, He needs reminding, you're being "punished"โ€”that not how it works. The fact of the matter is, we don't know how it works, and we are not supposed to know. We are just supposed to work on ourselves while we can, to be the best we can be, without thought of "reward."

If Hashem wants me to be single now, and this is the same Hashem who wants us to marry and have families, than He must have His reasons, and I accept it. I'm not saying it is always easy, but throwing money at a problem has never been known as a viable solution. We give tzedakah because we are supposed to give tzedakah; there is no brownie points if it is like $30 million. Hashem doesn't know? I think that is quite insulting to the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 6:43 PM

A person should just give Tzedakah leshem mitzvah and not calculate exactly how many Mitzvos they are getting for it. We dont know the schar of Mitzvos. I think it says in Pirkei Avos that a person should treat an easy Mitzvah no less than a hard Mitzvah because we dont know the schar of a Mitzvah. So giving Tzedakah is a Mitzvah wherever it is needed. ๐Ÿ˜€

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 8:21 PM

HOWEVER a very big posek said it and so we certainly shouldn't be paskening

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 10:53 PM

ha ha lol!!! its very nice to give tzedaka and all but when these ads have become so outrageous!! its laughable and definitely downplays the seriousness of providing for those who are less fortunate. Its a shame

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.