Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crazy!?
Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Crazy!?
on: May 23, 2013, 12:15 AM

I just saw the belzer wedding in E.Y. is on yahoo news!
Do you think it's a Kidush Hashem or a Chilul Hashem?

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Crazy!?
on: May 23, 2013, 2:39 AM

It could be both. Anytime there is anything Jewish publicized you are going to have people who have a negative reaction and people who have a positive reaction. It depends on their personal opinions and values. So I would say it is whatever you make it to be.

Rochi

Dater

Send Message
on: May 23, 2013, 12:53 PM

i don't get it. why would it be a chillul hashem? if you are doing what is right ad following halacha why would it be a chilul hashem. i thought i was a beautiful wedding and i am not the least bit chassidish.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 23, 2013, 1:40 PM

I think that in this case it was a Kiddush Hashem, though in general people are looking for ways to find something negative in everything we do.

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 25, 2013, 10:56 PM

I agree with IN THE GAP. People will always look for a way to criticize us.
The Belz wedding was beautiful! 25,000 Jews came to celebrate this wedding! This couple is basically the royalty of the Belz community. It was an important event.
People were making a big deal about her face being covered. The world doesn't know about the Chassidish minhag of using a thick veil at the Chuppah. And she covered her face during the Mitzvah Tantz because she's Tznius. 25,000 people were looking at her! You'd want to cover your face too!
Plus, there are pictures of her without her face covered. They just don't get posted on every website.
This girl is now the princess of the Belz. She has an important job and a wonderful life ahead of her.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 25, 2013, 11:20 PM

Good points rosepetal5! 🙂

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: December 2, 2013, 2:01 AM

Quote from rosepetal5 on May 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
she covered her face during the Mitzvah Tantz because she's Tznius. 25,000 people were looking at her! You'd want to cover your face too!

No, I wouldn't. If they're going to be looking at me, I'd rather they look at my face than somewhere else.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.