Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: chilling?
sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post chilling?
on: June 19, 2013, 7:52 PM

I need advice. I come home from work sometimes too exhausted to go do something productive (which all my hobbies are) or learn something that needs my brain engaged, and I just want to plop on my bed/couch and read a stupid book or watch a movie. Of course, neither of those are really options. Anyone have a brilliant idea of a good alternative? Or a way to get over that complete collapsing when I get home would work too.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: chilling?
on: June 19, 2013, 7:56 PM

Why can't you read a book? Or watch a movie? Or post on inshidduchim.com?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 19, 2013, 8:51 PM

If you would like to hear names of stuff thats clean to read and watch, PM me what you consider clean and I'll send you a list.

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 19, 2013, 10:19 PM

The problem is finding stuff thats clean, meaning no inappropriate romances etc, which most books seem to have.
and i can't just keep reading the jewish novels b/c thats a really expensive habit since I would need to buy a new one every day or 2 since theres no Jewish library near me.

life- that would be awesome, thats a longer thing to type thats not going to happen right now, but iyH tomorrow im gonna take you up on that offer

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 20, 2013, 12:02 PM

Here are some suggestions that may help you:

Exercising with music it gives you a real boost
Going walking with a friend
take a relaxing bath and making an early night
listen to a shiur at torahanytime.com (they have really good speakers and are super inspiring! 🙂 )
draw a picture/write a letter
If you get home in middle of the day/early afternoon how about take a nap?

New novel every day or two? Wow so you must have a lot of free time to read that much!
Maybe start an easy to do project.
Or visit an old person and just shmooze with them. They have really great advice and are interesting to talk to.
Babysit. You can make nice money and if the kids are sleeping it shouldn't be too strenuous.

Hatzlacha. I hope some of these suggestions will work for you! 🙂

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 20, 2013, 2:38 PM

yeah, basmelech, i read fast, and I was getting home from work by noon everyday. its a lot of time!
now my days are slightly more full, but I'll have time, and its such random timing always, so I can't have a kavuah going somewhere

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 20, 2013, 4:36 PM

Im happy to hear that you have fuller days. 🙂
Hope one of the ideas will be usefull for the rest of the time your looking to fill.

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 8:03 AM

basmelech's ideas were really good.
i also wanted to add:
-skype/google video chat a friend who lives far away and you
dont see on a daily basis(less strenuous than going on a walk! and good
way to stay in touch and shmooze)
-play a fun de-stressing game online like bubble struggle or copter (warning: could get addictive!)
-go to a live shiur in your area on a topic you are interested in. you just need to sit there and listen,
and the face-to-face part is really good, its in real time so you can ask questions
afterwards and it is a good way to stay connected with other people and uplifted.
although i agree that torahanytime.com is awesome for when you really dont want to go out!!
-look up a recipe for something yummy that you always wanted to try and experiment a little
in the kitchen! cooking can be drudgery or it can be fun..and erev shabbos is not usually
a good time to experiment 🙂
-most jewish communities have women's hours at the local pool..especially in the summer this is a fun activity
and you can go with friends or siblings/mother
-if you like shopping but dont want to go out, window shop online
-write in a journal/diary. good way to unwind at the end of the day and
put your thoughts down in a concrete way, plus very therapeutic. also really interesting to look back on later!

anyway hope these ideas help and if anyone else has other good things they
do to chill out/wind down/have fun please let us know!

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 11:51 PM

How about yoga? Go to a class near you or get a DVD of it.
It's very relaxing and actually fun.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 11:54 PM

Maybe try doing crosswords or Sudoku - (since you like to read, I'm guessing you're an intellectual or someone who would enjoy this)

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:24 PM

Thanks s. 🙂

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 4, 2013, 1:58 PM

sem613, why don't you take like a half hour nap just to get you well rested to do whatever else you have to do the rest of the night?

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 12:13 AM

sorry I've disappeared, for some reason my IP was blacklisted from inshidduchim (no clue how or why). thanks for all the advice, im actually spending the summer living by family and working near them, so even when i come home theres always someone to give attention to (and when theres not, theres a new collection of books).

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.086 seconds.