Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Baby Gift Ideas
keepsmilin-
g123

Dater

Send Message
Post Baby Gift Ideas
on: May 31, 2013, 11:49 AM

Hey all!
My friend just had a baby girl - what are some baby gifts I could send her? I don't live in the same state as her so it will have to be something I can mail.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
IYH Oif Simchas! 🙂

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Baby Gift Ideas
on: May 31, 2013, 11:53 AM

Mazel Tov!!
A gift I absolutely love to give is baby blankets - specifically the nice ones they have at Gymboree. They're pricy, but so soft and wonderful!
You can also give baby clothes or stuffed animals - those always come in handy. If you want to give something less fancy but very practical, get them diapers or something equally important. Diapers add up, so they may actually appreciate you helping out.
You could get something that will come in handy in a few months - like baby toys. They won't need them right now, but eventually they'll get used.
Try looking at Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us, and other baby stores. Maybe you'll run into something really cute!

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 1:25 PM

You can order something on Amazon, I personally think baby blankets or a cute outfit, although generally f you get a 3-6 mo then it is more appreciated, as they don't get as many gifts for that age.

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 1:28 PM

Idk about blankets she'll probably have one or two or three by the time your present gets to her. Besides for the others ideas if it's her first you can get her something practical which she will need like a baby bath tub or a bouncer.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 1:34 PM

Here is a great idea if you want to buy a gift for someone who has a baby and a one or two year old. A super gift would be a baby doll with outfits and pampers. When the mother needs to take care of the baby she could tell her other child to take care of her "baby". This helps with jealousy and keeping her occupied. Its my mothers idea and she gave it to someone and it worked like a dream!! Its a HUGE help for the mother. 😀

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 2:06 PM

You can never have too many baby blankets! Especially if they get dirty and there's no time to do laundry.
Maybe you should ask your friend if there's anything she really wants or needs. For all you know, there might be something she really needs for herself, not the baby.

keepsmilin-
g123

Dater

Send Message
on: June 1, 2013, 10:30 PM

Thanks for all of the ideas!
This is her first kid so I can imagine she'll be getting a lot of similar gifts 🙂
She's one of my very good friends, so I'll probably stop by the local baby store (Buy Buy Baby, Babys R Us, etc.) and pick something up for the baby, but I want to get something for her to make her feel special.
Any ideas?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:12 AM

Babysitting hours so when she needs a break she can go out, laundry help, gift certificates for coffee cooladas so she can stay awake for the baby...

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:18 AM

Gift certificate for spa, massage, mani/pedi!!
You can ask her if there's anything she really wants or needs. Then it won't be a surprise, but she'll really appreciate if you get her what she asked for.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:23 AM

Quote from rosepetal5 on June 2, 2013, 12:18 AM
Gift certificate for spa, massage, mani/pedi!!
You can ask her if there's anything she really wants or needs. Then it won't be a surprise, but she'll really appreciate if you get her what she asked for.

Why not get something they will both appreciate, like a bottle of scotch

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:28 AM

Quote from feigy123 on June 2, 2013, 12:23 AM

I kind of hope you're kidding about that.
Stick with things that will help and make them feel good.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:31 AM

Quote from rosepetal5 on June 2, 2013, 12:28 AM

Quote from feigy123 on June 2, 2013, 12:23 AM

I kind of hope you're kidding about that.
Stick with things that will help and make them feel good.

I definitely was kidding. I was more sort of noticing that you were getting a present only for half of the couple, and kidding by suggesting a gift that was only for the other half.

I'm not making a value judgment here; maybe it does make sense to just get something for the one who is your friend. I'm just making it explicit.

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 12:38 AM

Okay, that's a good point.
But I know that I don't really know my friends' husbands, so I think I would be thinking more about my friend than their husband.
But a gift for the both of them is a really nice idea.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.