Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not sleeping
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Not sleeping
on: November 17, 2013, 12:54 PM

Hi guys... I haven't been sleeping well lately.... I try to get to bed by about 13:30 but it takes an hour or two to fall asleep. Any advice? And melatonin doesn't help.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Not sleeping
on: November 17, 2013, 1:08 PM

oish- sorry to hear! that can b rlly hard and rlly frustrating...i'll tell you what works for me, altho it may not be ideal...i'm the type of person who needs my sleep. that means being in bed by absolute latest 11. i don't even like that- i'm usually in bed by 10:30. the only problem is, if i go to bed when i'm feeling wide awake, how am i supposed to fall asleep? so i try to go to bed when i'm really really exhausted (eyes closing when ur trying to focus on something type...ya know?) then it surely doesn't take long once i hit the hay! cuz yeah, if ur not tired, ur not gonna fall asleep so quickly.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 17, 2013, 5:06 PM

the reason for your lack of sleep might be one of the ones below..
1)
i read somewhere that if someone uses electronics in bed it stimulates the body even if its not at night. so when that person goes to sleep the body is used to becoming alert and as a result has a hard time falling asleep. So see if you are using electronics while in bed and if yes try to use it elsewhere.
2)
you might be drinking caffeine (coffee)/eating caffeine (chocolate) before bed which is keeping you up and awake.
i know someone who is extremely sensitive to caffeine that even if she drinks it early in the day she can have a hard time going to sleep!
3)
dont exercise to close to bedtime because it energizes you, and will cause you to have trouble going to sleep

to try: milk and/or caffeine free chamomile tea can make you drowsy and fall asleep more easily. try to destress before going to sleep relax, read a short story something that wont get you in a on the go mood.

Hatzlacha! Please let us know if you have an easier time falling asleep! 🙂

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: November 17, 2013, 9:42 PM

Thanks... unfortunately I suspect that I know the problem... I used to exercise every night before going to sleep but the machine i used is broken so I'm using a treadmill instead, and its not the same...I used to get tired from the workout - 45 minutes at least a day, no I only do 20 minutes because the treadmill is just plain boring... though I do stuff while I exercise, there's no strain or challenge to it. Also I'm unemployed... so I'm not exactly doing much during the day to tire me out.

However, I haven;t been reading before I go to bed like I used to either... I'll try doing that again - good idea! Thanks!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 17, 2013, 10:37 PM

Your welcome! 🙂

CS

Dater

Send Message
on: May 30, 2014, 1:07 AM

Also, it's a good idea to make your room the place you go to sleep and your bed the place you sleep (not that your room is your living room, your bed your couch, etc.). The less extra stuff you do in your bed/room, the more you'll associate your bed/room as "sleep". I bH do not have problems falling asleep (though I do have family members that and this is one thing they have been working on/need to work on) but I don't do much in my room, and I really associate my bed/room as "sleep" - I can't be on my bed too long before I start falling asleep (which can sometimes work against me 😉 ) Hope this helps, good luck! (though by now I hope you don't have any issue falling asleep)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.