Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to pass the time...
Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post How to pass the time...
on: October 28, 2014, 2:43 PM

I like to be busy. As you may know, I am a teacher, which keeps me busy while I'm working and maybe for an hour (most) at night, since this isn't my first year (or second, or third..). In the afternoon, I have a different job, but I find myself with spare time in the evenings. I don't like to sit around doing nothing, and when I try to fill my time with shiurim, and shopping, I feel uchy trying just to fill my time. Taking on another job, feels a little extreme though, especially since I need to leave time for dating... Any ideas anyone? I'd greatly appreciate anything! Thanks everyone out there!

musicalsea-
rch

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: How to pass the time...
on: October 29, 2014, 6:40 PM

Why don't you try taking up a new hobby like learning to play a new instrument? I began playing guitar this past year and it's an incredible outlet for me.
~ Good luck!

chappy613

Dater

Send Message
on: October 29, 2014, 7:06 PM

If your not musically inclined there are other great hobbies to get involved with as well. Sewing or knitting is a great (and productive) thing to learn other crafts can also be fun. Puzzles can be a fun challenge every once in a while. Or set up a chavrusah once (or more) a week, chumash, nach, hashkafa, it can also be productive and enjoyable.

T.C.S.

Dater

Send Message
on: October 30, 2014, 4:47 AM

What about volunteering somewhere and doing some Chesed... it will give you a great amount of satisfaction and because it is something that you initiated, you won't feel bad if you need to cancel 'cause you have a date that night.
I tried that with my spare time and it makes you feel like you are actually doing something good with the extra time you have.

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: January 25, 2015, 6:41 PM

Cooking supper for your mother, taking a course (you can do these cheap courses online from groupon - eg psychology, beauty etc, not a registered course or anything but just good for general interest)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.