Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting too comfortable
atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Getting too comfortable
on: May 7, 2013, 10:14 AM

Here's my dilemma! Basically I want to redo my bedroom! It's still all teenagery and it gets me really nervous! But everytime I bring it up my parents tell me that I have to get married (as if its my choice) and that I can't get too comfortable... I had a teacher in sem who warned us of how girls get into a rut as they get older and the longer they are in it the harder it is for them to get married and make that step... I think there is some truth to that but I don't think it has anything to so with me redoing my bedroom... If I'm ganna be single shouldn't I at least have a pleasant space to live? Who knows when I'll get married? I'm still in my early 20's and today so many girls don't get married till 25 or wtvr....my mother gets upset when I say that but I rlly don't think it's fair? Should I lobby to redo my room or should I just let it go?? ( I rlly hate it now! It's all pink and girly and just not practical)

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Getting too comfortable
on: May 7, 2013, 11:30 AM

This is a perfectly normal feeling! If your room needs a makeover to make it more comfortable for you then do it! I was actually planning on redoing my room for the same reason right before Pesach but then I got busy and I forgot about it.

I try not to deprive myself of any pleasure or comfort just because some people might think I'm getting too comfortable with my single status. I don't believe Hashem wants me to put my life on hold until I get married. Maybe you will find the right guy right after you're done with the room. But if you have no reason to believe that this is about to happen any time soon, then I don't see any reason why not to do it.

lukshenkug-
el

Dater

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 11:38 AM

I agree with the problem of getting too comfortable or getting into a "rut" but I don't think that applies to your bedroom. I always felt the opposite about my room. My theory is that if you spend a lot of money on redecorating your room, you most likely won't be able to enjoy it for very long whereas if you decide to just leave it and hope that you'll be married soon, that may not happen. I think you should go spend a lot of money on your room 🙂 Have fun! And anyway, shortest case scenario, you get engaged in a month, plus engagement of at leat 2.5 months. tht's almost 4 months of really enjoying something, thats a pretty long time! Murphy's law! It's practically a segula....oh no am I in the wrong forum.....

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 11:59 AM

Just do it neutral... Then when you get married your parents will have a nice guest bedroom.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 11:59 AM

Haha thanks guys! Amen! I am going to redo it and hopefully it should turn into a guest room for me and my husband very soon! 😀 I'll let u know if it works!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 12:05 PM

😀 when they renovated, my parents refused to do my room because if you get married we already have a nice guestroom, and we don't know who will get the room after you (to paint the walls boy colors/girl colors).
I still think this was extremely unfair, but at least it should be a zechus for me.

For sure redo it, and make it really nice and elegant.

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 3:33 PM

atararox how about having a bunch of us sign a petition then you can give it to your parents?

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 4:07 PM

Lol it's fine if I really want to they will do it! My mother loves redecorating so for her it would really be a project! I think it's just hard for them to face it that all my friends are decorating their own apartments and baby nurseries and I'm redoing my bedroom at home. i don't blame them. It's hard for me too and I kind of feel like Dina in ongoing story when she's packing to move to her new job....but they really want me to be happy 🙂

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 4:50 PM

It is lots of fun! My problem is that I get so excited brainstorming that I get stuck in the planning stage. So many pretty things to get so many beautiful ideas don't quite know how to decide on final plan.

market

Dater

Send Message
on: May 11, 2013, 10:18 PM

I say redo it having in mind that it will be for you and your husband to enjoy it when you come to visit your family. Maybe or mother will like it better when you look at it that way 🙂 Gluck!

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 24, 2013, 3:21 PM

I am in middle of redoing it and bh it is coming out magnificent - but let me tell u it is extremely difficult emitionally to redo ur bedroom at ur parents house when your second to last single friend is getting engaged! Everytime I pick something out and customize it for just me I feel like crying! Am I crazy?

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 24, 2013, 3:33 PM

I feel for you, it can't be easy. It is very normal to feel that way, Hatzlocho!! Also, think of it as practise for when you have to decorate your own apartment, bekarov!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 24, 2013, 4:42 PM

Atararox please dont think so deeply into it. Redo it and enjoy it while you can! 🙂 life doesnt stop just because he hasnt arrived yet. Enjoy the new look and you can think of it as your new pretty temporary room. Hey dont people like renting nice apartments and redoing them, too? They dont own them... So enjoy yours! 😉

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.12 seconds.