Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bored at night!
dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Bored at night!
on: February 14, 2013, 8:21 PM

I b''h have a full time job that i love but when i get home around 6ish, i have arnd 4 hrs of free time "to kill'. from 10-11 pm i learn a mussar sefer on the phone with a friend every night. I have no single friends left in my home town and not many younger siblings! some nights i have weddings/simchas or some other stuff but alot of the time i really get bored (as we all know dates are few and far between)... and that just makes me sit around and think and get a lil depressed. ill listen to music and shop online but its really getting old. everyone says "do chesed and take advantage". i dont have a car every night and i inquired about chai lifeline and other chesed places and they are "overflowing" with volunteers. i dont know any old ladies nearby or young mothers that need help. my neighborhood is not so frum. also by the time i come home from work i am exhausted! Any ideas of what i could do?

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Bored at night!
on: February 14, 2013, 9:09 PM

Are there any classes for you to take in your neighborhood? I get bored easily too so I go to the gym, read, watch documentaries and play sudoku. And depending on your neighborhood, maybe you can sign up for events that interest you.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 14, 2013, 9:26 PM

thanks but no my neighborhood has nothing productive going on. i could take some random classes but its costs alot of money. i read sometimes but nothing too good. and i went to the gym for a little but i am as skinny as a rail... i might go back for lack of anything better though.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 14, 2013, 10:08 PM

how about like maalot online classes?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 14, 2013, 10:59 PM

what is that?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 12:01 AM

Where do you live? I might have some ideas for you.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 8:50 AM

😕

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 8:57 AM

😕 in new york but a little outan i dont have a car always available. waht kind of ideas? i really appreciate it.thx.

boroparker

Dater

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 9:42 AM

Why not find a job like mother helper if you Are not exhausted when you come back . Even for an hour per evening it Will keep you busy.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 10:36 AM

In Flatbush on 12 and K there is a lady with a shoe gemach who needs volunteers.
You could also try The chessed fund, classifieds in the Torah times and the link.
If you have a decent job, why not learn an extra skill? Graphics design or something that is a shorter course that can always enhance your job prospects in the future. There are lots of courses in Brooklyn. Even if you don't want to go professional, music or art lessons could be fun if you have the time for them. You could take a writing course online to enhance your writing skills - always good in the business world. Look around for a google group or something in an area you enjoy. Don't know if you like to read but I can recommend BPL's new system, though it is kind of slow. And if you want contact info for singles in Brooklyn, I have that too.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 15, 2013, 1:17 PM

i dont live near flatbush at all but its a nice idea.
regarding courses - i have a good job now and i am not really looking to spend money on classes and stuff.
what is a google group???
maybe i will look in torah times ads and stuff. havent checked that out yet. thanks.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 16, 2013, 7:51 PM

A google group (and there are yahoo ones too) are groups where people with a common interest (though they are business tools too - some companies can't have tech support so they open a group for people to help each other) join to talk and learn stuff. I'm part of a group of Jewish writers. We discuss issues that arise, job opportunities, help each other with grammatical/technical questions, celebrate each others simchos. Go to groups.google.com and search. Be careful what you are joining. Some groups anyone can join, some you need to request and invite, sometimes you have to be invited. If anyone can join, you never will know who you are really talking too.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 16, 2013, 8:15 PM

wow sounds interesting! never heard of it before.
i would also luv to be a mentor or "hang out" with wayward high school girls as a positive influence type of thing.
im just not sure how to get in touch with such organizations or if such a thing exhists.
did u ever hear of anything like this?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 16, 2013, 10:57 PM

Quote from dancer90 on February 16, 2013, 8:15 PM
i would also luv to be a mentor or "hang out" with wayward high school girls as a positive influence type of thing. im just not sure how to get in touch with such organizations or if such a thing exhists.

Do some research and find out what exists in your neighborhood. If there isn't anything and you're feeling ambitious, you could initiate something. It doesn't have to be big...you could start with one or maybe two girls and expand slowly if you'd like. If this sound too daunting, why don't you just contact the high school closest to you and ask if there's a student who could benefit from some extra TLC? You could be her "big sister." Unless of course there exists some sort of big sister organization already, and you can just contact them and volunteer.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 12:49 AM

which neighborhood are you looking to mentor in?

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 1:27 AM

maybe a job working from home? that way you are not too tired to go out and work online or via telephone. you can keep track of your own hours putting in about 10-15 hrs a week.

or

a shuir every tuesday? a weekly walk on Wednesday nights (even with a married women)? Tutoring on Tuesday nights? and how about Thursday night baking challah for a family of yisomim that don't have a mom to do so....

just an idea or 2!

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 10:52 PM

Maybe take dancing lessons LOL

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 6:28 PM

luach.com might give you some ideas

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 6:35 PM

haha! good one sari!! i actually dont really dance. was just a random screen name i chose!
thanks chaysim- you are really helpful! now im busy with purim stuff but after i will check out all these suggestions.
you guys are great!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.