Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: getting to know you
chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post getting to know you
on: April 11, 2013, 8:29 PM

hey everyone! i'm pretty new to this site, although, i have posted quite a few times already. one thing that keeps popping into my mind is that i'd really like to know a little about the girls on here. i know there is a benefit to being anonymous, but we can share things that won't necessarily take away our "masks". i mean, don't say where you live, but like how many siblings you have, things you like to do...whatever you could think of just so we get a better idea of what ur about? I'm not gonna start, just in case there is already another topic like this- if there is, can someone plz direct me to it? if there isn't and we all agree to this, then we'll begin!

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: getting to know you
on: April 11, 2013, 8:35 PM

You can update your profile info so that if someone is interested in knowing more about you, they can click on your name next to any post you've submitted and learn more about you.

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 11, 2013, 10:52 PM

thinkingBYgirl- BTW how come your name is the only one that can't be clicked on?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 11, 2013, 11:02 PM

Dunno. But not that it really makes a difference, my profile isn't filled out. Neither is anyone else's...

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 11, 2013, 11:29 PM

oh i didn't realize that you could do that. i'm still learning the site 🙂

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 12, 2013, 12:07 AM

Edited

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 12, 2013, 12:20 AM

More ideas:
What I do for fun:
Biggest fear:
Favorite song, food, Yom Tov, store, day of the week, time of day:
Most interesting place I’ve visited:
Least favorite chore:

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 13, 2013, 11:52 PM

Wow, iThink. I really like your outline, if i could call it that. i think i'll follow suit:

Family:I'm the oldest of 3. i have a sister under me, and then a brother

Hobbies/interests: i love singing and listening to music. i love writing, i wish i had time to do it more often. oh, and my main hobby is...shopping!

Pet peeves: first of all, i can't stand when ppl act out in class. my class had many girls, who although they were each individually very sweet nice girls, they felt teachers were target material for their antics- thru 12th grade. that got me very annoyed. secondly, when shadchanim tell ppl that 10% of girls will never get married, and that girls shouldn't talk to them until they lose weight. also the stupid questions ppl ask regarding shidduchim. that drives me up the wall...

Favorite quote:I also don't know how I could choose one. maybe we should start a separate quotes thread with all of our favorites... but if i had to choose..."Life is like a piano. There are black days and there are white days, but if you know how to play, it makes a beautiful melody"

Favorite Author:that would be Meir Uri Gottesman (the harp, deep blue, morning star)

Favorite store:I'm with iThink on that one! all my makeup is from sephora, and my clothes are from lord and taylor, but i must add new york and company!!!!!!

What I do for fun:shop with mom and sis, or with friends. listen to music, or just chill with family by playing a good game

Favorite Song: Well, all my family and friends could tell you that I have about a million. seriously, when i say a song is my favorite, they say "we know, just tell us which ones you don't like- u'll save your words..."

Favorite Singer(s):Shwekey, shloimy daskal, Michoel Pruzansky, Boruch Levine

Favorite Yom Tov:Simchas Torah!!!

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 14, 2013, 2:20 PM

Family:I'm the oldest of 5. 2 sisters, 2 brothers

Hobbies/interests: reading, writing, and I'm pretty techy though I only own an ancient laptop, no fancy devices

Pet peeves: When people classify Jews

Favorite quote: Not sure

Favorite Author: I've read too many books to pick

Favorite store:I hate shopping (it's like I'm allergic, seriously) but I go with my mother twice yearly to off fifth - I like Calvin Klein

What I do for fun: read, write, get involved in college organizations, work out, listen to audio books

Favorite Song: Not so into music that I have a favorite, but I like some of the weird ones - shidduch songs, me and my daughters five

Favorite Singer(s): Boys choirs, Boruch Levine

Favorite Yom Tov: Pesach

Favorite app (chrome not tablet): Kindle app, Jewish music stream

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 15, 2013, 9:04 PM

Family: middle of 9

Occupation: HR coordinator for company, work with tons of people - love it!

Hobbies/Interests: writing (as you can tell from my numerous contributions to ongoing story), reading, designing clothes, playing games on my phone LOL, shopping, listening to music, swimming, gym, playing with nieces and nephews, makeup

Pet peeves: cleaning my room -does that make sense?, people who are always critical

Worst subject in school: Spelling/grammar, earth science

Favorite Place to visit: Eretz Yisroel

Fave quote: "never apologize for having high standards, because the people who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them"

Favorite Author: Dont ever pay att to the names of authors. (when i write i like to remain anonymous)

Favorite Book: dont have one, read a few really good ones though

Favorite: H and M, Zara, J. Crew

Favorite Song: Batuach Ani - shwekey/ Cry no more - shwekey

Favorite Singers:, shwekey, Yonatan sheinfeld

Favorite Website: Inshidduchim.com 😀

Favorite Apps: whatsapp, Sddur/Tehillim app, Waze, Yelp

Favorite Yom tov: Shavuos (nicest time of year, good food, regular meals inside)

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 29, 2013, 8:25 PM

i haven't read this thread in a while, but i'm so happy to see a couple more of you answered! any more of you??

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: December 16, 2013, 7:08 PM

so glad to see my topic being put to good use! welcome new ppl! uh, so i'm chaykie and my "profile" is above...
hope this takes off!

ME

Dater

Send Message
on: December 17, 2013, 12:13 AM

Ok; fine... If you insist... Lol
So here's my "profile" (is this just me or is this much more fun; and a better way to get to know a person thena. Shidduch resume?)

Family: I am #6 of 8 (ki"H)
Occupation: "administrative assistant" or "office manager" (whichever sounds cooler... Lol) in a real estate office
School: college! Not gonna say which- cuz that would give me a way a little- but let's just say NOT TOURO!
Hobbies/Interests: doing different types of puzzles (mostly on my computer), reading, and doodling (yes- doodling is a hobby not just a mindless activity); and last but not least... Voicing my opinion on Jewish anonymous public forums
Pet peeves: married siblings that don't take car of their own kids when they come visit; girls being treated like a piece of meat in the so called "market"; the fact that the shidduch crisis is NOT a real crisis if everyone would stop tarting it and behaving as such- (which in my opinion less stress over this crisis would prevent the divorce and broken engagement crisis from spreading) and of course another pet peeve is people who go into random rants while in middle of what would have been a perfectly normal profile (sorry- yes I annoy myself- can't be helped... Lol)
Worst subject: MATH (it was a mutual dislike)
Favorite book: (wow this is a hard one... I read a lot) if I had to pick a Jewish book it would be: the double life of Chani Greenberg! It legit had me bawling while I was supposed to be studying for finals back in hs at like 3 in the morning...
Favorite author: again- if I had to pick a Jewish one- it would be yair weinstock... Just cuz I haven't read that many others; not Jewish- hands down agatha christy! And a lot of other really great authors...
Favorite song: cry no more, and you raise me up: shewkey. And anything by Baruch Levine... (Especially touched by a niggin)
Favorite singer: Baruch Levine, Abe Rotenberg, Gershin Veroba, akapella, maccabeats...
Favorite store: forever21!! And Charlotte Russe, XSRE, Nine West and dsw
Favorite website: games.com, yeshiva world, and only simchas
Favorite Apps: Candy Crush!! (Anyone else obsessed with the new update?!?), what's app, flow free (and all 5 other versions) Instagram, and LogoQuiz...
Favorite quote: "G-d only grows things until they are perfect" (for all is wonderful "fun-sized" shorties out there)
Favorite item of clothing: shoes/bag

ME

Dater

Send Message
on: December 17, 2013, 12:15 AM

I apologize for the lack of spelling and grammar (another pet peeve of mine)... Posting this from my phone so it is much harder to correct...

waiting-
game

Dater

Send Message
on: December 18, 2013, 4:26 PM

Hi,
So I'm new here (on this site, and literally new in shidduchim)
First I'll explain my username: shidduchim so far has been more "waiting" than "dating"
I waited for my sis for two years... she, my parents, and our rav have finally agreed that it's time for me to stop waiting and start dating... so i'm "on the market" as they say... but still waiting!!
It's frustrating cuz for the last two years, people have been asking me for my resume cuz they thought they might have someone... and now that I sent it to them and told them I was ready to listen to suggestions, the phone lines are silent! Everything in the right time....
anyway...
I live in NY, I teach cute little girls, and I love to write!
Looking forward to getting to know you all, but hope that we only fit the membership criteria for a short time (AKA single!)
may we share in only simchos!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: December 18, 2013, 8:35 PM

Hey! Welcome to Inshidduchim!!
Also welcome to eyeroller90!!

eyeroller9-

Dater

Send Message
on: December 19, 2013, 8:08 PM

Thanks!...

To waiting game...unfortunately for girls it is somewhat of a waiting game, hopefully ur wait won't be too long

todarabbah

Dater

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 9:55 AM

Family: youngest of 7
Occupation: shadow/assistant-was originally in speech master's but didn't work out
Pet Peeve: hate when ppl are upset with you then ignore u without telling you they're upset and when u ask what's up they explode and tell u e.t. u did wrong!
Obsession: babies
Fear: bees
Favorite Jewish Music: michoel pruzansky, yehuda!, and ari goldwag
Talents: very musical-play piano by ear, make up harmony to any music i hear
Most Embarrassing memory: falling backwards on a date
Favorite place to visit: Israel
Favorite holiday: Pesach

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 11:06 AM

omg todarabbah, that is embarrassing! what did you do after that happened???

todarabbah

Dater

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 12:19 PM

I was just laughing really hard and got back up and tried to forget it happened. It was during miniature golf-I was standing on an uneven ledge with heeled boots. I was laughing so hard at something funny he said that I lost my balance! Fell flat on the floor backwards and was laughing even harder lol but luckily he was very nice about it.

eyeroller9-

Dater

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 12:36 PM

Brooklyn, in speech masters program, 23, second of five (only girl),
Pet peeve: close mindedness
Recently read: there's a boy in here, emerging from the bonds of autism (school assignment but still very good!)
Fear: pigeons
Music: currently can't get the songs from the sound of music out of my head
Work: speech internship at yeshiva

Britni W

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 8:28 PM

22 year old Baalat Teshuvah.
Only child.
Currently studying biology at secular university.
Living in a small community in Oregon (thankfully large enough, because of the university, to have a Chabad, but no other Orthodox presence)
Hoping to move to a city with a large Jewish community in the summer of 2016 when I graduate. and B"H I will start dating then.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 18, 2014, 5:19 PM

hi britni- welcome aboard! glad to have you on the website!

Malkayehud-
ia

Dater

Send Message
on: November 5, 2014, 5:15 PM

Hi, I really love this website. I am not new to dating and I have been through a very difficult and sort of traumatizing dating experience and even though a long time has passed since this happened to me, I still think about it all the time and it has affected many areas of my life a lot. I feel that if I am able to help other people who are going through difficult dating experiences then everything that I went through will be worth it for me and I will feel that my suffering has more meaning. So please if anyone here is ever going through a hard time in life whether it's with dating or anything else that's not even related to dating then please message me and we can communicate through anonymous e-mail accounts. I will try to log on once in a while to this account to see if anyone here messages me.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 5, 2014, 9:16 PM

Family: 5
hobbies: reading, listening to music, talking on phone
Job: working in school
Currently going for special ed
pet peeves: hate lashon hara and pimples (toothpaste works try it)
favorite singers: Shwekey, Goldwag, Avrohom Fried

When I'm bored I come here. I'm so excited after like a year of no dates I'm going on one soon!! 😀

getmeadate

Dater

Send Message
on: November 5, 2014, 9:20 PM

Quote from basmelech on November 5, 2014, 9:16 PM
I'm so excited after like a year of no dates I'm going on one soon!! 😀

Wow! Basmelech I'm so happy for you! Who redt it a professional or a friend?

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 5, 2014, 9:56 PM

i don't work because I am in college full time- going for pharmacy iyH- if anyone is doing that please PM me I'm about to apply!
4th of 5 kids, youngest girl
love this site!

chappy613

Dater

Send Message
on: November 6, 2014, 1:26 AM

Location - actually out of town ( NJ does not count...) 23 and 2nd of 5
Finishing up my masters and working in an office
I lurk on this site and love reading what ppl. have to say, although I only pipe up rarely 🙂

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 6, 2014, 10:46 AM

Getmeadate thanks! A shadchan redt it. Its not my first year in shidduchim so im really excited to finally be actually going out 😀 (I only went out with about 4 boys in the past few years... so I'm a little nervous too or should I say a lot. : ) I'm so happy about this website because Id like to but i don't want to have a pow wow with my friends about my dating life because something that's hidden is blessed and I'll take all the blessings I can get! So here I can talk (without giving too much details) and get feedback without saying who I am. So its great 🙂

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 10, 2014, 4:49 AM

@basmelech - let us know how it goes!!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 10, 2014, 10:37 AM

So basically he said no so at first I was like ok no problem I wasn't that interested either. But its not so easy so I cried 🙁 and had a dmc with h-Shem about how I appreciate the date (it was a really nice one 🙂 )but I really want to go out with the right one asap. So we'll keep you posted remember this is like one date per year so don't know when the next one will show up don't hold your breath. Lol iyH the right one bekorov by all of us! 🙂

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 11, 2014, 11:03 AM

basmelech- I TOTALLY know how you feel. I get the same way, regardless if I wasn't so interested or not. I still cry. I ALWAYS get my hopes up, and as much as I know I shouldn't.. I do. And I feel you about hardly any dates. I hardly get any as well. AND AMEN to your bracha! 🙂

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 11, 2014, 10:27 PM

daysfan24 thanks for the encouragement! You made me feel much better 🙂

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 12, 2014, 1:32 AM

maybe your date will think of a boy for you!!!!
I'm sorry it didn't work out!
anyone interested in sharing what we are looking for and trying to set each other up- mods are we allowed to do this? don't kick me off for suggesting! lol

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 12, 2014, 8:49 AM

Quote from basmelech on November 11, 2014, 10:27 PM
daysfan24 thanks for the encouragement! You made me feel much better 🙂

No prob. glad to hear 🙂

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: November 28, 2014, 9:42 AM

Sorry I changed the nature of this thread I should have posted in venting. Ok so back to getting to know you 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.244 seconds.