Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bye Bye
Shaindy

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Bye Bye
on: July 17, 2013, 10:54 AM

What do you think of a girl moving out from her parents home? Do you think it looks bad? At what age would you consider it normal? At what age would you consider it abnormal for her to still be by her parents? What do you think would be a good reason for her to move out?
Thanks

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Bye Bye
on: July 17, 2013, 11:13 AM

Who cares what it looks like? Is it the right thing for you to do?

It depends on many factors. Have you ever been away from home?
If not, it may be a good idea just to get the experience. It doesn't have to be permanent.

Do you have a healthy relationship with her parents? Is there shalom bayis?
If not, you might want to board for a while, and that could end up helping a great deal in shidduchim. In terms of giving you the chance to observe normal relationships and model after them.

There is no "normal" age to move out. I moved out for a year at one point due to work responsibilities. I like my family, and I didn't enjoy it very much, but it was my first significant time away from home, and it did help me become more independent. I learned to cook for 1-2 people, to run a kitchen, and to keep my stuff organized without relying on anyone.

When I moved back home I very much appreciated all the little comforts, and it took away my worries about whether I had homemaking skills for when I get married. 🙂 Would I do it again? Not unless I had to. But BH I'm thankful I had the experience.

laykay

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Bye Bye
on: July 17, 2013, 11:32 AM

R u from out of town contemplating moving in town for more job opportunities or frum college? I think that's more accepted then a girl who just moves out without any clear reason.
I do understand what u mean though, I get along with my family relatively well and I still sometimes wish I could be on my own. It comes to a certain pt where u just have to kind of be able to do ur own thing without ma and ta always around... It really depends what it reasons for moving out are.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.