Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tefila
Esti

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Tefila
on: June 5, 2013, 11:39 PM

Hi everyone!
I was listening to a Shiur from Rabbi Akiva Tatz and he said such an interesting story about Tefila.
There was a lady whose son had a brain tumor. She came to a big Chasidish Rebbe begging the Rebbe to daven for her son. The Rebbe said to her, before I daven for your son I need to ask you one question, if you would know for sure 100% that it was Hashem's Ratzon thet your son would pass away would you be able to accept it? The lady thought about it for a long time and then finally said, yes if I knew 100% that this was Hashem's Ratzon I would be able to accept it.
OK said the Rebbe now we could Daven.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Tefila
on: June 5, 2013, 11:51 PM

Nice story! Powerful message. Thank you for sharing! 🙂

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 6, 2013, 12:02 AM

It is a nice story I'm not sure if I get it 100% though. I understand that that shows she has Emunah... but how is that directly related to Davening?

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 6, 2013, 9:06 AM

When one Davens it has to be from a place that the person that all that Hashem does is for the best. If one Davens because she wants something and doesn't really care what Hashem thinks is best then it is not a true Tefillah.

yaeli

Dater

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 12:22 PM

Speaking of Tefillah, I am on a search for a very good sefer on Tefillah!
Anyone have any suggestions of a sefer that really helped change their davening?
All suggestions are welcome, and I am specifically looking for a sefer not necessarily with explanation of words but rather more conceptual, (but still not for someone new to Tefilah, as BH i grew up frum and have always been davening, I just feel like its becoming routine to me and I need to change something about it)
I can do hebrew, but I prefer english.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 12:39 PM

I like Artscrolls English translated siddur with the bit of English commentary on the bottom. I learned a lot from it.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 12:54 PM

yaeli: Rav Schwab on tefilla is really amazing and so is "Twerski on Prayer" and "Praying with Joy". I'm not done all of them, but so far they all really helped my tefilla! Hatzlocha! For an amazing Hebrew sefer that gives great perspectives on tefilla and totally changed my view of davening, try "Shearim B'tefilla".

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 8, 2013, 10:02 PM

If u are willing to do herbrew try sh'arim betifila by reb shimshon pincus zatzal. It's incredible and insightful and very down to earth.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 8, 2013, 10:23 PM

"Praying With Fire" - I think they have a few books out.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.132 seconds.