Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COLLECTING SUBMISSIONS FOR ANTHOLOGY BY SINGLE WOMEN FOR SINGLE WOMEN
ME

Dater

Send Message
Post COLLECTING SUBMISSIONS FOR ANTHOLOGY BY SINGLE WOMEN FOR SINGLE WOMEN
on: February 18, 2015, 6:48 PM

Posting this for a friend- great idea! I know its a long post but its worth the read 🙂

COLLECTING SUBMISSIONS FOR ANTHOLOGY BY SINGLE WOMEN FOR SINGLE WOMEN
Hi.
Were all in this together.
So.
We’re going to write a book.
(Next we’ll start a website, create a chaburah, and change the world…:)
But first the book.
A book to celebrate who and what each one of us is: A dazzlingly beautiful manifestation of G-dliness in the world
And also to provide a big group hug those days when we're not quite feeling it.
The purpose of this book is to accomplish the following three goals:
1. Support: To provide comfort and a sense of togetherness when being single feels only hard. Ish es re'ayhu ya'azoru ule'ochiv yomar chazak”
Share your voice on what you’re going through. How and when and why you cry and laugh and scream…and what you do next.
2. Motivate: There’s a wealth of education available on the Torah perspective for marriage, raising children, shalom bayis. Maximizing single years in a Torah true way- not talked about as much. Single years are an incredible opportunity for self-development, pursuing dreams, giving to the Klal, and coming closer to G-d.
Share your advice and tips of how you maximize this gift of time, space, and resources.
3. Inspire: lt was in the merit of righteous women that we were redeemed from Egypt, and it will be in the merit of righteous women that we will be redeemed from this galus.
The mashal of the relationship of the Jewish people in exile and G-d is that of a lost bride awaiting her beloved husband. A single woman searching for her bashert is a microcosm of the emotional experience of our nation. In the darkness of our galus, lots of Jews are too lost or too numb to even know what they're missing. Maybe G-d put us in our situation to generate that spiritual energy for opening the door to the next chapter in our history.
Share with me your journey of spiritual growth through this life stage
We owe it to ourselves, and we owe it to each other, and we owe it to the klal. Be real... Stories, essays, poems, checklists…it's all good. Intense, humor, light-hearted, serious. Share your voice. Send in your submissions to shareyoursingularvoice@gmail.com by April 30th 2015. All submissions will be published anonymously unless otherwise requested.
I want the book to be a testimony to the resilience, hope and courage of Jewish girls, all over, all backgrounds, all striving for the same thing: Making Hashem proud!
Forward this email to all your single friends!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.