Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tu Bav Dance
pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Tu Bav Dance
on: July 18, 2013, 7:43 PM

So for the Tu bav dance I think the way it goes is the girls either brag about their looks, Yichus, or money. Do you think that nowadays that would still be the top three to brag about? Or has times changed?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Tu Bav Dance
on: July 18, 2013, 11:13 PM

I don't think so - I think we don't talk about our looks, we let them talk for themselves 😮
And except in chassidishe and 'litvishe chasidus' circles, you don't hear much about yichus... and in teh litvishe world I think it talks for itself too..
Now money - maybe not girls but their parents, we just talk about our degrees... 😉
Seriously, this is starting to sound like the interview question "why should we hire you?"...

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 19, 2013, 8:53 AM

Quote from life123 on July 18, 2013, 11:13 PM
Seriously, this is starting to sound like the interview question "why should we hire you?"...

That's what the Shidduchim is like these days. IT is all about trying to "sell" yourself to a good boy, while they go through all the "applications" and check out who would be best for them. Each girl has to prove why is better than everyone else.

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 22, 2013, 11:34 AM

It's funny, because the whole point of the original Tu B'Av dance was that girls presented themselves without obvious signs of wealth. All the girls wore a simple white dress, and wealthier girls would give clothing to the poorer ones so they would not have any obvious signs of rich fathers.

They didn't have to sell themselves that much.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 22, 2013, 11:57 AM

Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to make today more meaningful?

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 2, 2013, 6:16 PM

ooooh....lots of people wish that there was a modern day tu bav dance!! honestly- it sounds kind of fun 🙂 but then again, people think there should be a kosher speed dating venue and i think that would be just plain awkward!!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.