Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Year Resolutions
growing

Dater

Send Message
Post New Year Resolutions
on: August 18, 2013, 9:35 AM

What are your Kabalas for this year?

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: New Year Resolutions
on: August 18, 2013, 9:46 AM

Bentch with a Bentcher

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 18, 2013, 1:08 PM

I always have a problem with this! I definitely have plenty to work on, but I don't know where to start...Davening a good shacharis, mincha, maariv even if my days lack routine (that's when my davening usually slacks off...), being happy with less and not going shopping so often, saying asher yatzar with more kavana...or middos stuff- which there's a whole bunch of...how do i decide??? I have this every year, and no matter what the teachers/speakers say, it doesn't help me figure it out one bit! I didn't even make a kabala last year, i just tried to be as good as i could- i guess that's ok 🙂 i can keep trying to be better, that's what it's all about, but it's easier if you have something more concrete. anyone out there that can suggest a method that worked for them?

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 18, 2013, 10:24 PM

Make myself a chart for when I have Kavanah during Asher Yatzar..

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 19, 2013, 12:40 AM

Theres plenty of middos a person can work on.but the trik is to take something SMALL.upon urself,otherwise u end up dropping it reall quick.
Some ex: pick s/t in kibud av vaem. Not answering back.smiling,saying hello, thinking b4 u speek, there are sooo many more good luck &may we.see the coming of mashiach,:)

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 19, 2013, 1:51 PM

Amen, gayil 🙂 thanks guyz, i know i havta do something small and all that stuff, i guess it's that once i actually pick something, working on it is a daunting task. and if its so small, you don't feel like it's making you a better person just doing that. so i try so hard to think of something to do that'd make me feel like i'm actually improving and becoming a better person, but then to think of how i actually have to do it is a bit hard. so why don't i just try to be the best i can be and leave it at that, kinda thing? maybe that's what's going on in my head? dunno. maybe it's just normal cuz i'm human?

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 19, 2013, 2:59 PM

Quote from Gayil on August 19, 2013, 12:40 AM

Some ex: pick s/t in kibud av vaem. Not answering back.smiling,saying hello, thinking b4 u speek, there are sooo many more good luck &may we.see the coming of mashiach,:)

I find that it has to be something concrete, not something general like I'll try to be more careful about...

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 19, 2013, 3:20 PM

yeah, I've always wondered - so you decide to be nicer, to think before you speak, whatever - how do you remember to do it? I've tried occasionally and then at night I remember that I was supposed to be working on something but never remembered at the right time... And when I take something small and concrete I can remember, but then when i think I'm ready to move onto something else I end up forgetting everything I worked on before...

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 20, 2013, 12:34 AM

i totally hear you life123- i'm like that too sometimes

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 20, 2013, 3:02 PM

Writing down 3 good things that I notice Hashem did for me that day. I used to do this from when I was in 12th grade till recently. It helped me feel tons of gratitude to Hashem and it made me happier, especially because it trained me to find good stuff. I enjoyed very much when I reread old notebooks of recordings (I have them all stacked in a storage bin). I want to start again.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.