Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keeping Strong
growing

Dater

Send Message
Post Keeping Strong
on: June 16, 2013, 7:58 PM

Hi everyone! Looking for tips how to keep the seminary high! I'm feeling like I'm starting to deteriorate CH"V. I'm looking for ways to keep strong.
Thanks!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Keeping Strong
on: June 16, 2013, 8:51 PM

What do you mean by deteriorate?

growing

Dater

Send Message
on: June 16, 2013, 8:58 PM

Quote from patcha on June 16, 2013, 8:51 PM
What do you mean by deteriorate?

Like I'm losing my connection. Like I don't feel invigorated after I Daven just empty...

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 16, 2013, 9:15 PM

Try picking one part of Davening that you are going to concentrate on, and put all your koichos into that brocho. Also, try to remember what it was about being in sem that brought you up. Was it the lessons, the environment, or just the general feeling in the air? Then, try to bring that feeling back by picturing it. Also, realise that you may never get to that level, but there is something to be said about growing from within yourself which you can't get when in semand the teachers are there telling you exactly what to do at all times.

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 17, 2013, 9:07 PM

Someone posted to a similar question on here (i think the moderator) that you should daven to hashem to help you in this area.

Remember, ruchniyus is the ONLY area where you have control. And part of the control that you have is to DAVEN to Hashem to help you with it!!

You can say "Hashem! Please, please, help me to stay connected to you. It's so hard for me here..away from all the inspiration. I really love You and Your Torah and want to connect to You but its so hard...please help me to really feel it, the way I did in seminary. Please don't let me fall away, chas v'shalom!! I don't want to end up_______ Chas Veshalom. (fill in the blank with whatever scares you about how you might end up..apathetic, materialistic, shallow, disconnected, regressing to old aveiros, etc) Please send the right people my way to guide me and give me good advice. Please help, give me the koach to pick myself up. Please Hashem I'm doing my hishtadlus in the area of ruchnius right now- I'm asking You to help me...You're the ONLY ONE who can help and so I'm begging you, PLEASE Hashem, don't let me fail. Please guide me and protect me and show me the way." Or something along those lines...I find that it really helps to BEFOREHAND take a few minutes to write up a personal tefilla like this that you can keep handy which really puts in your own words everything you want to ask of hashem, (be honest!! Hashem knows everything anyways) and really express yourself there (you can say it in shma koleinu in shmona esrei) and it is a lot easier to relate to (because its in your own words obviously) but still written up so you don't leave anything out. you can always add to it as well, somnething more specific from the day, but i feel this really helps as far as verbalizing how you feel and concretizing it and remembering what you wanted to say in the moment.

You're not the first person to feel lonely and distant from Hashem! if you have an artscroll tehillim (or any tehilllim with English translation) you can really get a feel for what David Hamelech was saying...many, many times in tehillim he expresses this feeling of feeling far from Hashem and crying out to Hashem saying "Don't let me go now!!! Please guide me back to your path...Hashem don't let me fall by the wayside!!" like chazal say, As long as we have the tiniest amount of ratzon to want to want to return...even like the eye of the needle, Hashem can open it up for us "kpischo shel ulam" (like the opening to a grand hall).

also in shir hashirim there is the pasuk "Mashcheini acharecha narutza" (Pull me and I will follow you) which you can say with a lot of kavannah..my teacher in seminary said she would repeat this to herself many Friday nights when she would be wiped out after a hectic Friday of working and taking care of kids and cooking and doing everything to prepare for Shabbos etc. etc. ...basically she said many times she would just feel like putting on a snood, rushing the meal and crashing into bed to sleep. But she would repeat this to herself over and over, put on her shaitel, put on a smile, take time to be with her kids and husband at the table, and really listen to them and how their week was, and make Shabbos a special time for focusing on Torah and kedusha. In the end she said it really changed the way she felt...she really did feel more relaxed and joyful on Shabbos. I feel like we should have it written up somewhere! Like on the fridge or something 🙂

anyway, good luck, we all have these times and trust me, Hashem would rather have you close than far, He is more than willing to help!!! so just ask!!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 17, 2013, 9:23 PM

s.: wow!! thank you sooo much for the chizzuk!!!!! that was definitely something i knew but needed to hear again so thanks for ur post!!! and I really love that pasuk from shir hashirim! i think im gonna put it in my siddur 🙂 thanks again!! really appreciated!
iy"H we should all have the kochos to continue growing b'ruchniyus and fulfilling our potential!

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 12:12 AM

A rabbi once said that when u ask Hashem for s/t in ruchnius Hashem allways answers.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 1:32 AM

Quote from Gayil on June 18, 2013, 12:12 AM
A rabbi once said that when u ask Hashem for s/t in ruchnius Hashem allways answers.

I don't believe that.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 11:13 AM

I think Hashem answers all our tefilos, period. Just sometimes the answer is no, maybe (if we need more merits), or yes. Is there a source that Hashem is only answering your tefila if you get what you want?

הקב"ה ימלא משאלותינו / יענה בקשתינו are two different tefilos for a reason.

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 1:13 PM

Quote from inshidduchim613 on June 17, 2013, 9:23 PM
s.: wow!! thank you sooo much for the chizzuk!!!!! that was definitely something i knew but needed to hear again so thanks for ur post!!! and I really love that pasuk from shir hashirim! i think im gonna put it in my siddur 🙂 thanks again!! really appreciated!
iy"H we should all have the kochos to continue growing b'ruchniyus and fulfilling our potential!

so glad it helped someone! B"H!! thanks for letting me know 🙂

growing

Dater

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 2:03 PM

Super duper wow!!!
Thank You!!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 4, 2013, 2:40 PM

keep up a connection with ur sem teachers and friends!!! that is so important when ur trying to keep that spirituality, cuz they were the ppl who helped you grow and were growing with you. My friends and i had a conference call the sunday b4 every rosh chodesh, and each month a diff teacher from sem would speak to us for about 10 to 15 minutes, just to give us a little inspiration/chizuk, and it was so nice! Our teachers could not stop praising us for doing that! well, we've kinda stopped it but i'm hoping to pick it up again soon...we'll see what happens. and also, if there was a HS teacher you were close to, or always looked up to, try to make/maintain a close kesher with that teacher. call her if you have something you want to talk about, if you have questions...it could really keep you in check.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.096 seconds.