Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just 3 Days!!!!
Esti

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Just 3 Days!!!!
on: July 23, 2013, 2:21 PM

I would like to share with everyone a recent inspiration I had. Do you have anything (a mitzva/aveira) you are constantly struggling with, do you feel like it's a losing battle.
I recently heard a couple discussing their new born baby "it just takes 3 days" the husband said. What he meant was that if the baby is used to something it just takes him/her 3 days to forget about it. For example if a baby is used to a pacifier and you want to get the baby off the pacifier it just takes 3 days for the baby to forget ect.
So it got me thinking "just 3 days" that's all it takes, whatever you are struggling with all you have to do is do it for 3 days and then it will no longer be a challenge for you!
I tried it and it worked it just takes 3 days! 3 days of Kavanah during Tefila, 3 days of being careful about tznius, 3 days of not speaking Lashon arah.
I feel like I have conquered something that I have been struggling with for the longest time. Can you imagine the difference between a clean fulfilling life, full of Mitzvos and a tainted life with ichy Aveiros just takes 3 days of work.
Try it and you'll see!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Just 3 Days!!!!
on: July 23, 2013, 3:54 PM

That's really beautiful Esti!
Thanks for sharing.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 23, 2013, 6:32 PM

Thanks Esti!
I'm gonna try it iy'H! i'll get back to you in 3 days to let u know what happened 🙂

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 23, 2013, 8:19 PM

totally beautiful concept- lemme just say, it definitely does not always work... so don't think ur bad if you have a setback after 3 days. take it from someone experienced. I worked on something for three months last yr, and well, after that 3 months, i was back where i started. so don't just think its so simple. i davened to Hashem that He should help me, and i'm sure He did somehow (i guess that's why i lasted a whole 3 months) but it aint so easy...

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 24, 2013, 8:45 AM

I like this; for those of us who can't wait 40 days for a yeshua.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 24, 2013, 9:50 PM

Thanks Esty!! I have really been struggling with something. This is really inspiring im going to try it and hopefully iy"H i will be able to overcome it. will let you know how it goes... 😉

Esti

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 25, 2013, 12:16 PM

Quote from basmelech on July 24, 2013, 9:50 PM
Thanks Esty!! I have really been struggling with something. This is really inspiring im going to try it and hopefully iy"H i will be able to overcome it. will let you know how it goes... 😉

Great 😀
Good Luck!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.