Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would you rather #9
patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Would you rather #9
on: June 3, 2013, 9:29 PM

Would you rather be very smart or very beautiful?

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Would you rather #9
on: June 3, 2013, 9:41 PM

very beautiful. But only if I was at least average intelligence 😉

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 9:47 PM

Are they mutually exclusive in this case? If you picked very beautiful would it mean you also lacked any intelligence? And if you picked very smart, would that mean you were ugly? Just wondering.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 9:49 PM

Yes, rosepetal, they are mutually exclusive. 🙂 Makes the question stronger.

TTDWR, what do you say now?

honey

Dater

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 9:53 PM

I think I would want to be more beautiful because smartess doesn't count common sense counts!!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 4, 2013, 12:04 AM

I think I would rather be smart. 🙂

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 4, 2013, 2:34 PM

I can't decide. they are both very important to me

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 4, 2013, 4:54 PM

I would rather be smart. Beauty is something that can change, it is hard for someone to become dumb overnight.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 5, 2013, 9:47 PM

Beauty, money, smartness all these things can change overnight. Its a gift from H-shem. Someone who has Yiras Shamayim they earned it themself. "Kol min hashamayim chutz miyiras shamayim" Thats the only thing not given to us, we work on it ourselves. That is something to be valued. "Isha Yiras H-shem hi tisalah" 🙂

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 5, 2013, 10:00 PM

Quote from basmelech on June 5, 2013, 9:47 PM
Beauty, money, smartness all these things can change overnight. Its a gift from H-shem. Someone who has Yiras Shamayim they earned it themself. Thats the only thing not given to us, we work on it ourselves. That is something to be valued. "Isha Yiras H-shem hi tisalah" 🙂

That's true but your husband's Olam Habah doesn't help you in life his looks/money might. Of course there are advantages of being married to a Yiras Shamayim in this world also 😀

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 5, 2013, 10:43 PM

Question: Looks and money help a person? Im surprised I have never seen looks come before a person as their lawyer. And money just doesnt help someone who was fatally injured in a car accident. (yes it might get him a more comfortable bed 😉 )

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 5, 2013, 10:47 PM

Please let me know if there is a disadvantage to being married to a Yiras Shamayim. Cause I know that honesty, loyalty, doing mitzvos and learning Torah are definitely not. And you can trust him too. Trust is very important in a relationship.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

bracha613 and basmelech: that's a very interesting argument you're having right there.
Bracha, you think that looks and money make for a better life in this world than Yiras Shamayim
BasMelech, you would be willing to marry someone only for Yiras Shamayim?

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 8, 2013, 10:20 PM

Quote from basmelech on June 5, 2013, 10:43 PM
Question: Looks and money help a person? Im surprised I have never seen looks come before a person as their lawyer. And money just doesnt help someone who was fatally injured in a car accident. (yes it might get him a more comfortable bed 😉 )

I hate to say this, but the truth is that yes, looks and definitely money can help a person. If a girl is extremely good looking she will have men (and some women) give her preference for whatever she wants. Everyone wants to help someone who is good looking. That's just the way it is. Would you want to buy a cute dress advertised on a chunky, ugly person? Or would you be more inclined to buy that same outfit if it was advertised on a beautiful model with a perfect body?
They get more attention too. (It's not always a good thing, obviously.)

But about Yiras shamayim - that is a very important quality to have in a spouse. All 3 are good things to have. Yiras shamayim perhaps being the most important, then money, and then looks.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 9, 2013, 8:56 PM

TryToDoWhatsRight: you don't sound so convinced about Yiras Shamayim being the most important thing. It's just that you think it should be the most important, but really you have very strong justifications for why money and looks are important. And why do you put money before looks?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.119 seconds.