Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would You Rather #15
pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Would You Rather #15
on: December 23, 2013, 9:19 AM

Would you rather be married or be engaged?

devorah123

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Would You Rather #15
on: December 23, 2013, 2:34 PM

obviously this is a "silly" question so I'll give my silly answer. I'd rather be engaged cuz it's still kind of cute and fun while marriage is more serious and hard work 😉

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: December 23, 2013, 3:12 PM

It's not silly; it just isn't a valid question. One isn't better or worse! They're totally different things. Like would you rather red or purple? Being engaged is a blast and being married is also fabulous.

howmuchlon-
ger

Dater

Send Message
on: December 23, 2013, 5:38 PM

Not the same as colors at all. Although they have different advantages; one leads to and is directly connected to the other. Being engaged is a blast because its for a specific amount of time. It wouldn't be a blast if it wasn't leading you to the next step.

eyeroller9-

Dater

Send Message
on: December 23, 2013, 11:45 PM

Definitely newlywed...u get to live together!!

waiting-
game

Dater

Send Message
on: January 6, 2014, 1:32 AM

ok... this question REALLY disturbs me!!!!!!!!!! i know this forum is just a game and it's been noted as a "silly" question which is definitely invalid but i just have to point this out........ we are currently in shidduchim, looking for the right one... but the right one for what??
the right one to play the part of the chosson in the vort pictures??
the right one to appear next to your name on OnlySimchas??
the right one to be the center of attention on the men's side at ur wedding??
the right one to sit next to you each night of sheva brachos??
we don't date to get engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we aren't simply dating guys till one of them offers us a bracelet... we're dating so that we can find the person that we want to build our lives with...
getting engaged is not a goal!! it's exciting and wonderful and joyful and please take all the vort pics you like and show your ring to your aunts and keep the balloons in your room for months!!!!! float like a cloud if you must!!!!!!!! but the dreaminess and fun and freshness and excitement of engagement is a joy that stems from knowing that you have found the one that will be your partner throughout the rest of your life... and when you are newlywed it's absolutely incredible to be living that life...
and when life is hard, you work through ur challenges together... and grow as individuals and grow as a couple and grow as ovdei hashem...
imagine being engaged forever???? HORRIBLE!!
imagine being newlywed forever...... to me it just seems like a relationship that is lacking... The quality of a relationship builds over time- when things are no longer so new and exciting, and you get to know ur spouse on different levels... their strengths, their flaws, their quirks, their values...
marriage is work! it's not a game of house... yes, being engaged is fun... and so is being a newlywed couple... but if it's fun and excitement u are after, r u ready for marriage? engagement is just part of the process...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.076 seconds.