Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll- how do you type?
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Poll- how do you type?
on: October 22, 2013, 12:23 AM

Do you type:

a- one or two fingers at a time, checking each letter as you go, beginning typer
b- with a few fingers, looking pretty often, but you know the keyboard fairly well
c- properly - fingers in place and eyes on the screen like you learned in school
d- by heart - your fingers know where to go but you don't keep them on the keys like you learn in school, just you've been typing for so many years, and you only need to look when you make a mistake.
e- some other way?

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Poll- how do you type?
on: October 22, 2013, 9:02 AM

Generally C, but I do look down occasionally.

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 9:17 AM

mostly C, but I wouldn't call it completly properly, i have modified what they teach us as kids slightly to a way that makes it more convienent and comfortable for me. I pick up my right hand slightly while i type, but keep it mostly where its supposed to be and do it totally touch typing wihtout looking (often looking aroudn the room confusing people)

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 11:41 AM

I'm pretty much d - i look once in a while but i type fastest when i just let my hands do their own thing...

OTM

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 12:44 PM

im trying it right now 😉 i usually do it without looking at the keyboard but sometimes when someone is actually watching me type i feel more pressured and end up with too many mistakes.

OTM

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 12:44 PM

or when I'm testing it for a forum 😉

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 12:47 PM

i think d, because when we learned typing in school many kids decided to do it while looking so they could get out faster. But i tried learning it the slow way and now im very happy i did so! 🙂
It pays to work hard now and reap the benefits later! 🙂
(versus have fun now and pay for it later... 🙁 )

PleaseH

Dater

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 4:54 PM

B- i look sometimes when i keep making mistakes and i cant find a letter and then when i stop to do something i relook at the keyboard to just check it out and make sure no letters switched spots 😉

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 7:36 PM

cute thread 🙂 i look at the screen most of the time (read: basically all the time) except for certain symbols and numbers that i didn't focus on too much in skool (i mean, skool was focused on it, i tried, but figured it was worth my while to pay attn to what i'd be using most, and get good at it). so i type looking at the screen, and sometimes looking around the room (like if someone's saying something interesting, or talking to me)- which drives my grandmother nuts because "chaykie- how on earth do you know what ur typing?? i wish my fingers could do that" she just hears taps on the keyboard...i'm still not up to par with a bank teller- still trying to figure out how their fingers move a million times faster than anyone i know...

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 7:37 PM

oh, PleaseH, i also first make sure my fingers are in the right spots. well most of the time, sometimes i suddenly see a bunch of gibberish, but i realize quickly what happened, then fix it 🙂

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: October 22, 2013, 9:00 PM

I don't check where my fingers are first - its like people who play piano know where they have to start as soon as they sit down without placing their fingers first and then the fingers just know where they have to go to hit the next key. My mother thinks its crazy because im really not conscious of where the letters or my fingers are. It's funny because i was typing in school and kept making mistakes and i realized the keyboard was a couple of inches to the right of where it usually is...

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 23, 2013, 2:01 PM

chaykie- I do that looking around the room when I type too. I have this weird habit of spacing off to the left if I'm writing a paper and thinking, and it always weirds out whoevers sitting to my left because they think I'm staring at them while I just pretend to type as not to seem weird.

its also really useful when a teacher says that we should look up at them for a minute instead of taking notes and I end up being the only one with notes on those few sentences

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 23, 2013, 3:17 PM

haha that's rlly funny!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.