Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Help Others Create the Perfect Date Outfit!
ek12

Dater

Send Message
Post Help Others Create the Perfect Date Outfit!
on: September 30, 2013, 10:14 PM

This should be obvious from the title but I figured we can use a topic that helps people pick the perfect outfit for dates.

imyirtzeha-
shembyu

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Help Others Create the Perfect Date Outfit!
on: September 30, 2013, 10:25 PM

What a great idea.
you can even post links to a web site for something that you think would be a really pretty outfit!

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: September 30, 2013, 10:42 PM

Quote from imyirtzehashembyu on September 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
What a great idea.
you can even post links to a web site for something that you think would be a really pretty outfit!

my thoughts exactly πŸ™‚

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 30, 2013, 10:59 PM

How,r we going to do this? Lets start

imyirtzeha-
shembyu

Dater

Send Message
on: September 30, 2013, 11:11 PM

πŸ™‚
come on lets be our friends personal shoppers!
whose gonna go first?
find some type of clothes online (in a store or a picture) that you would wear on a date

far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
on: September 30, 2013, 11:27 PM

I love this new topic! Too bad i have no dates coming up! Lol.

moori

Dater

Send Message
on: September 30, 2013, 11:58 PM

nude pumps

imyirtzeha-
shembyu

Dater

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 12:18 AM

Chas V'shalom... not after labor day. πŸ˜‰

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 11:07 AM

Labor Day is no longer the deadline, it is more based on the weather. But with fall creeping in, all hail the opaque black tights! With patent leather heels!

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 11:22 AM

I'm thinking of getting maroon (suede) heels so I don't have to wear my usual black patent ones as Princess-Lea mentioned. Anyone saw any nice ones?

moori

Dater

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 11:49 AM

am i the only one who doesn't wear heels on a date? i have a couple of pairs of black flats, i have the perfunctory nude pumps (which i have never ever worn, i just got a deal on them that i couldn't pass up) and metallic wedges (a low wedge, practically flats). i never felt underdressed.

DeepThinke-
r

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 11:57 AM

nope ur not alone! i dont wear heels either! at least i have never yet! i feel more comfortable in flats i think in heels i would feel all stiff and self conscious, it clicks and clacks when u walk and dunno i think Ill only put them on if the boy is tall... All of you who wear heels you dont feel uncomfortable?

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 12:04 PM

i feel uncomfortable in flats lol

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 2:41 PM

Quote from moori on October 1, 2013, 11:49 AM
am i the only one who doesn't wear heels on a date? i have a couple of pairs of black flats, i have the perfunctory nude pumps (which i have never ever worn, i just got a deal on them that i couldn't pass up) and metallic wedges (a low wedge, practically flats). i never felt underdressed.

Never wore heels on a date. Also because I'm nearly 5' 9" so there's no need for me to be that much taller. I'd never want to be taller than the boy, unless physically he's just shorter than me, which I can't help. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, they make so much noise on marble floors (think hotels).

DeepThinke-
r

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 2:43 PM

Glad im not the only one. They make a racket! Which to me is pretty awkward...Dont know how you heel wearers do it!

Stitch

Dater

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 2:46 PM

Heels are overrated. I don't think guys are paying that much attention, and IMO they'd rather see you comfortable and walking normally than hobbling around in pain (as I do. Never did learn how to walk in heels!). My motto is, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident. πŸ˜‰

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 3:25 PM

Heels do make me feel confident though! At weddings and events it's fine because the crowd covers up the clackety noise of heels. But when you're alone with one other person, it could sound pretty comical. Especially if you can't walk properly in them (like if you're foot is slipping out or something).

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 3:42 PM

Welcome to Inshidduchim.com stitch!

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 5:35 PM

If the noise really bothers u.u cud take it to a shoemaker & put rubber on bottom.
Everyone has their personal preferences.but I think heels dress up an outfit ver nicely

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 9:01 PM

Obvious solution.... comfortable, 2 inch heels. Am I the only person who has a pair? I once spent most of a date walking in them and was totally comfortable.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 1, 2013, 10:13 PM

heels totally do make the outfit, ur right gayil. i always do heels on dates, but not high ones that i can't walk in. they're like kitten heels, so they still have the look of an elegant shoe. i actually also just got nude pumps on clearance, but they're so painful to walk in! don't think i'm gonna be wearing them...

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 11:04 AM

I was at a vort last night and saw a girl in nude pumps. Was thinking of the girl characters in the Ongoing Story!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 5:24 PM

whoa, so many things i'd love to post links to...for starters, this top would be great!

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Eva-Mendes/EVA-MENDES-COLLECTION-Exclusively-at-NY-C/Eva-Mendes-Collection-Bow-Shell-Vintage-Rose?cid=aff_300001&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-M6QzcpCfhjdEw1.fT0K1BA

keep in mind we're all into different styles. i think the top (link above) would go beautifully with a straight black short skirt. (yeah yeah below the knee dw!)

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 5:27 PM

and this skirt is also gorgeous for a date! they paired it with a lace top, tucked in. also the eva mendes collection.

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Eva-Mendes/EVA-MENDES-COLLECTION-Exclusively-at-NY-C/Eva-Mendes-Collection-Bow-Shell-Vintage-Rose?cid=aff_300001&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-M6QzcpCfhjdEw1.fT0K1BA

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 5:30 PM

lots of the eva mendes collection you can see on nyandcompany.com- click on the eva mendes section and then click "shop the fashion book"

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 6:29 PM

That top's pretty Chaykie!! What number date would that be for?
Can someone post a link for something a "more yeshivish" girl would wear on a first or second date?
Thanks!!

far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 6:54 PM

Really nice!! I shop in NY& company all the time. What do u wear it with? Long sleeve shell or cardigan? What color?

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 9:08 PM

i dunno inshidduchim- i have two really nice dresses for a first and second date, so i guess just because of that i'd use it maybe on a fourth (keeping in mind that the outfit in the second link i posted would be for a third, if it weren't a casual date). i'll post a pic of the dress i have.

imyirtzeha-
shembyu

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 9:13 PM

Chaykie I would love to see the dress
cant wait to see pics

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 9:14 PM

Quote from chaykie on October 2, 2013, 5:27 PM
and this skirt is also gorgeous for a date! they paired it with a lace top, tucked in. also the eva mendes collection.

Chaykie I think you posted the same link twice by mistake.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:07 PM

oh well, can't find my dress on dressbarn, believe it or not, i got a beautiful one there! it's dark navy that looks lighter when light hits it (its like a taffita or satin kinda material) and it has a nice big stone applice belt that ties in a nice bow in the back.

far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:53 PM

Chaykie, the dress u described sounds really fancy! Does everyone dress that fancy for dates? I usually wear a nicer sweater/top, should i be dressing fancier?!?

todarabbah

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:56 PM

regarding heels, they always get caught in the gratings when walking in the city!anyone else have that experience?

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 11:11 PM

chaykie - thanks for helping this thread kick off! nice top!
far rock gal - i would have to see a pic of the dress but i also dress fancier for the first date. i wear vort sort of outfits with heels
todarabbah - walk on tippy toes then πŸ™‚ or walk around it. many guys i dated were attuned to that issue

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 3, 2013, 1:16 AM

I love the top!!! both in black and in off white?? could i wear the light colored one in the fall/winter with a balck weater on top. i feel as though most of my wardrobe is black especially dating wise...i'd love to have a bit of color and the light colored top is softer and ...love it
any advice?
ps if we all buy the top and date at the same place the same night it would be quite funny!!!

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 3, 2013, 1:28 AM

lol !! it would be!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 3, 2013, 6:22 PM

haha bitachon that'd be so cool! we'd all probably look at our dates and be like "oh no don't worry it's a private joke..." and he'd say (while looking arnd the lounge) "yeah pretty private" lolol! far rock gal, i truthfully don't know how ppl dress for dates. and it's so funny cuz i'd automatically think that you in towners would dress much fancier but i'm from waaayyyy out of town (ok ok i'm still in the same country...). i guess it's personal really. i love to dress really really nice. for first dates. then i get more casual. (accept i wouldn't know for sure cuz i've never gotten past a second date...that's for a diff discussion πŸ™‚

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 4, 2013, 11:57 AM

I find dating in the summer so much harder because I barely own nice-ish stuff for the summer. They're all more casual! For the winter, everything I own just looks classier, maybe because most things are made of sweatery material, like tunics and sleeveless dresses and vests and cardigans.

DeepThinke-
r

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 4, 2013, 12:05 PM

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Tops/View-All/Drape-Front-Mixed-Print-Blouse
what do u say to this?

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: October 4, 2013, 12:16 PM

Quote from DeepThinker on October 4, 2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Tops/View-All/Drape-Front-Mixed-Print-Blouse
what do u say to this?

it's cute. what # date would u wear it for?

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 6, 2013, 3:03 PM

i like it a lot deepthinker! prob for a more casual date.
guyz i found the dress i have. looks much better on tho πŸ™‚ (if i do say so myself! i've gotten so many compliments on it!) http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/crystal-belted-pocket-dress/101533270/405

i wear it with a black shelldress under it, and a nice pair of low heels.

far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 12:51 PM

Chaykie, Its gorgeous! But i would wear a dress like that to a wedding! What number date is that for?

ek12

Dater

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 1:41 PM

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/womens-apparel/wa-dresses/pleated-faux-leather--scuba-knit-dress

wadya all think of this dress? i would add a straight black piece on the bottom or wear a skirt

hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 3:25 PM

Quote from chaykie on October 6, 2013, 3:03 PM
i like it a lot deepthinker! prob for a more casual date.
guyz i found the dress i have. looks much better on tho πŸ™‚ (if i do say so myself! i've gotten so many compliments on it!) http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/crystal-belted-pocket-dress/101533270/405

i wear it with a black shelldress under it, and a nice pair of low heels.

I'M SOOO CONFUSED!!! I like the way I'm asking this question now, but I thought you dress nice shabbos, not fancy wedding for dates!

hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 3:27 PM

Quote from ek12 on October 7, 2013, 1:41 PM
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/womens-apparel/wa-dresses/pleated-faux-leather--scuba-knit-dress

wadya all think of this dress? i would add a straight black piece on the bottom or wear a skirt

This is something I would wear on a first date!
Any coupons to get it for a good price!!

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.25 seconds.