Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finding dresses online
hannahr

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Finding dresses online
on: July 14, 2013, 4:42 PM

I had no idea where to put this so here it goes...
I have a cousin getting married in a few weeks. I have a job starting this week, so I have no time to go out shopping, leaving online shopping my only option. What websites do you guys use to find nice, dressy clothing for weddings? I'd prefer something that can fit any season (my last wedding outfit screams "winter" so I don't want this one to have the same issue) and that isn't too expensive.
Any places that would have nice stuff for someone who's short and not a plus-size but not a stick figure either?
Todah!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Finding dresses online
on: July 14, 2013, 4:52 PM

well, first i'd check if any of the stores you like have websites. most stores do- lord and taylor, macy's, you can find clearance stuff there, and also david's bridal. i found this site called dessy.com and i've never used it before ( i have a friend's wedding in a few weeks, so i'm also looking for a dress, not too expensive) but on that site, there are no prices, which could mean they are expensive, i have to call them though. the wedding gowns on that site are like $500 at most, so if anyone has any experience with that plz let us know! cuz they had some gorgeous stuff. i also found nice dresses on ideeli.com

hannahr

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 14, 2013, 5:15 PM

Oh, yes, forgot to add- ALSO FREE RETURN SHIPPING.
Thanks, Chaykie! Will check out! I actually got my other cousin's dress at David's Bridal- this wedding is a bit less dressy, and I won't be wearing a gown, so I'm a little less confident I'll be able to find something there.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 14, 2013, 6:21 PM

Hey, just want to warn you guys: I had an experience where I bought a dress for a friend's wedding on a relatively unknown (i.e. not Nordstrom's/Macy's site) website, and when I got it, the quality was terrible and it didn't fit right and the dress looked so bad that I couldn't even wear it. I didn't bother to return it after I read the reviews of the hassle it would be and they don't fully refund anyways. I lost $150 over that dress.

Anyways, I love looking at wedding gowns online, and when I saw that you mentioned the website above has wedding dresses for "at the most $500, I grew suspicious. Good quality wedding dresses are rarely that cheap. So based on my experience above, and my natural nosiness, I decided to check out the websites.

From the reviews, it appears that the clothing is of similar quality to my dress (garbage), and their customer service is horrific. You can follow these two links for reviews of both dessy.com, and ideeli.com.
dessy review:
http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/the-dessy-group/37c6fc90ba827ae6.html
ideeli review:
http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.ideeli.com

Basically, stick to the national chain stores and you can't go wrong.

Good Luck!!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 14, 2013, 8:44 PM

i didn't even look 🙂 thanks for pointing that out! i don't usually buy online because of fitting issues/return issues, so it ends up not being worth it for me.

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 15, 2013, 12:43 AM

my sis just got a gorgeous purple dress for an upcoming wedding at lord and taylor they have 20% off now she said... that was in store, dont know what they have online

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 15, 2013, 11:18 AM

i've noticed that selections in store and online can be quite different, and you can't always tell online what things look like exactly. so just know, if you are looking online, there r those disadvantages. i was actually online and i saw a top that looked gorgeous, very nice for shabbos. so i went out to the store, found the top- and i wouldn't even wear it for every day...so just a warning.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.