Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should I buy it??
chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Should I buy it??
on: June 9, 2013, 11:04 PM

Hey everyone, I need some advice, pronto!
Now, let me give you a little background here first. Ever since high school, i love shopping. You know, to the point where all my friends know it, and I kept my drawers and closet sufficiently filled. This went on until about two years ago, when I finally realized that this is not a way to live. I would not have specifically called myself addicted, it's not like if i ever had free time i needed to be in the mall buying clothes, but I really just love shopping.
So, about two years ago, I started this "program" with myself. two months with no shopping, and if I was successful, I could treat myself at the end with a dress (or whatever) of my choice. It really worked! and after I completed my first two months, I graduated to three months, and that worked too! So I know I could do it. So recently, I really got much better at controlling myself when shopping. There are definitely times when I walk out with nothing, and I'm so satisfied.
So now, my mother and sister went shopping today, and they saw a dress that they both agreed is so my type, and the lady who owns the store (a frum lady) said they should bring it home to me, as she is sure I'll look stunning in it (I got a dress by her last week, so she knows what type I am, and what looks good-she has an eye for these things.) Well, they were all right. I love the dress, and it looks stunning on me (if I do say so myself) 🙂 . Problem: I don't think I've ever spent more than like $120 on a really nice dress, and this dress is double that price. Now, I do have the money, that's not a question. My question is more that it really is stunning, and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, as it is a classy piece that probably won't go out of style (and I must add in, it's perfect for dating/vorts/friends weddings/sheva brachos). But for the high price, is it worth it? What do you think? I need answers pretty quickly, as if I am not keeping it, I want to bring it back to her so she could sell it to someone else (NOOOOOOO!) HELP!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Should I buy it??
on: June 9, 2013, 11:07 PM

My question is more that it really is stunning, and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, as it is a classy piece that probably won't go out of style (and I must add in, it's perfect for dating/vorts/friends weddings/sheva brachos). But for the high price, is it worth it?

You are obviously in love with this dress. You have the money. Buy it. Wear it in good health!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 10, 2013, 9:56 AM

well, i kinda have the money 🙂 this lady is really nice, and let's you pay things out if you need, i definitely don't have all that money at once! but, yeah, i made the decision that since bli ayin hara i've been really good this yr, and this dress is exactly what i've been looking for, i'm gonna get it. thanks for ur help patcha!

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 10, 2013, 10:20 AM

OF COURSE you should buy it. The point of restraining yourself for a few months was to see that you now make good shopping choices, not buying for the sake of buying. Gorgeous dresses that fit amazingly and will have years of use is most definitely a sound investment.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 10, 2013, 9:18 PM

you sound exactly like my inner voice, princesslea 🙂 i'm glad you and my inner voice and patcha all agree!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.