Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survey
Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Survey
on: May 28, 2013, 3:17 PM

How old are you and what percent of your class is still single?

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Survey
on: May 28, 2013, 3:34 PM

Also, how old is your brother, and what percentage of his high school class is still single?

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 3:34 PM

Out of a class of 41, 12 are married (at least that I know of - could be more). One is divorced.
Let's just say it's been a few years since I was in high school.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 3:36 PM

I lost count at half my grade being married, I am three years out of high school.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 3:37 PM

Out of a class of 20 about 15 are engaged or married.
( I dont think its a good idea to post too much information about yourself here as anyone can see it...)

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 4:13 PM

Guys if u want to be more discreet then don't write amount of girls in ur class just write percent that are married. You do the amount that are married x 100 and then divide that number by amount of girls in your class and u have the percent....in case u forgot ur math 😛

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 4:20 PM

Yeah...I don't do math if I don't have to. One of the perks of not being in high school anymore.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 4:28 PM

Quote from feigy123 on May 28, 2013, 3:34 PM
Also, how old is your brother, and what percentage of his high school class is still single?

And feigy123 - my older brothers class- from a regulars heimish/ yeshivish yeshiva - might be about 30 percent off the derech or very modern ( my bro is married already sorry)

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 4:37 PM

Approx 90% married. Class of 78

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 4:43 PM

K now here's a better question - out of all the guys u dated what percent are married?

Mine - 0 percent!!!!! They are all still single! Very reg normal type guys learning and some working! Ranging from ages 23 to 27!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 5:43 PM

Quote from atararox on May 28, 2013, 4:28 PM

Quote from feigy123 on May 28, 2013, 3:34 PM

And feigy123 - my older brothers class- from a regulars heimish/ yeshivish yeshiva - might be about 30 percent off the derech or very modern ( my bro is married already sorry)

Whoa!

We definitely don't want to pass up a statistic like that. If we think that 30% of boys from regular yeshivish high schools are off the derech or very modern a few years later, then that is your shidduch crisis right there.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 5:45 PM

Oh I definitely think that has wht I do with it! I honesty believe that the rate of boys going off is higher than girls! I cant be 100 percent sure but from comparing my class to my brothers that's definitely a possibility!

laykay

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 6:13 PM

which brings us back to the question...how can these companies advertising the shidduch crisis have such exact statistics just by counting heads from graduating high school classes...girls and boys go Israel, some go off some become frummer, some have emotional issues and cant get married...why would they exploit girls like this based on such flimsy statistics? any why do they leave Hashem totally out of the picture making society feel like these 10 percent fate lie in the hands of the boys and whether or not they agree to start shidduchim earlier. its frightening. gedolim are supposedly backing it so there must be some chachma. does anyone know if any gedolim spoke about it openly and encouraged it FOR REAL...?

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 6:17 PM

If you're talking about the infamous ad, they have a list of Gedolim who allegedly support their "idea." It's very unfortunate how many Rabbeim are on the list. However, it's impossible to know for sure whether or not the list is genuine.

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 9:01 PM

how abt percent of sem?
both hs and sem aprx bet 75-85 students
97.5% of my Hs grade engaged or married.
93% of my sem
yup def out of hs and sem for a number of years

bh a number of the boys i went out with are either engaged or married but def more are single
but....i the ones i was redt to and they were "busy" most got married

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
on: May 28, 2013, 11:20 PM

I don't have a checklist, but I'm pretty sure about 85-90% of my grade is either engaged or married. Some for the second time around...

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 29, 2013, 9:04 PM

Wow! Did anyone else find this fascinating? It seems like some communities aren't having a crisis like cool nerd has 85% to 90% married Basmelech has 75% ithink (whose from Monsey Ithink 😀 ) has 90% bitachon has upper 90's, and then rosepetal who is also a few years out of high school has only 29%.
I'm thinking it depends how far away from New York it is? Is it considered that there is a crisis in New York????

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 29, 2013, 9:11 PM

Avigail, I think you may be on to something. I'm not from New York, and the percentage from my school is far different from the others. I wonder....

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 29, 2013, 9:50 PM

That's it I'm moving to New York lol

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 30, 2013, 6:25 PM

Quote from Avigail on May 29, 2013, 9:04 PM
Wow! Did anyone else find this fascinating? It seems like some communities aren't having a crisis like cool nerd has 85% to 90% married Basmelech has 75% ithink (whose from Monsey Ithink 😀 ) has 90% bitachon has upper 90's, and then rosepetal who is also a few years out of high school has only 29%.
I'm thinking it depends how far away from New York it is?

Is it considered that there is a crisis in New York????

yup there "supposedly" is a crises in ny, but i guess compared to out of town percent wise they are doing much better but there are more girls hence more single girls in ny
% wise it also depends on the amt of girls in the grade and how many are married
so in ny there are schools that are bigger and others that are smaller. so in a larger grade you could have upper 90% married even though there are 20 girls still single..while in a smaller school there may be less girls ex 30 in the grade and 10 girls single would mean only 67% of the grade is married. so in yes in larger schools and perhaps in ny there are more single girls than in an out of town or smaller school, so percents can be deceiving!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 30, 2013, 6:35 PM

Quote from atararox on May 28, 2013, 4:43 PM
K now here's a better question - out of all the guys u dated what percent are married?

Mine - 0 percent!!!!! They are all still single! Very reg normal type guys learning and some working! Ranging from ages 23 to 27!

how bout u pass them on!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 30, 2013, 6:46 PM

😉

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 8:43 AM

If I knew the first thing about any of you maybe I would 😉

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 31, 2013, 9:44 AM

Quote from atararox on May 31, 2013, 8:43 AM
If I knew the first thing about any of you maybe I would 😉

Maybe we should have skype meetings so we could redt each other Shidduchim

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.223 seconds.