Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to tell if a boy is geeky.
Yodel1234

Dater

Send Message
Post How to tell if a boy is geeky.

I went out with a boy a couple of times and for some reson i feel that he is geeky and nerdy. he happens to be very smart and intelectual. How do i go about finding this out for sure. If its true i dont really think i would want to continue with this shidduch.
Thanks

kd2012

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: How to tell if a boy is geeky.
on: February 10, 2013, 12:55 AM

well, if it doesnt bother you that he may be a "geek", then what are you worried about? how others may view him? if youre ok with him being "very smart and intellectual," and you need to look and go find out if hes considered a "geek," then isnt that a little shallow? i mean, youre looking to see if he is for you, not what if he is for other people

Done w-
Shidduchim

Dater

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 2:34 AM

If you feel that he is geeky and nerdy he probably is. Trust your feelings. The only way to find out for sure would be to get to see his personality more. Good Luck with that..it's a personality thing. I have said no to guys before because something about their personality just wasn't right for me. So geekiness is kind of the same and if it bothers you it's not gonna change because that is who he is..

Done w-
Shidduchim

Dater

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 2:34 AM

If you feel that he is geeky and nerdy he probably is. Trust your feelings. The only way to find out for sure would be to get to see his personality more. Good Luck with that..it's a personality thing. I have said no to guys before because something about their personality just wasn't right for me. So geekiness is kind of the same and if it bothers you it's not gonna change because that is who he is..

Aviva B
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 2:50 AM

Hi Yodel,

To continue with what kd2012 was saying - what would bother you if you decided he was "geeky and nerdy"? How would that negatively impact your potential marriage relationship?

That's the key whenever evaluating any trait in a potential spouse: how do I see this impacting on my future marriage?

If however "geekiness" is manifesting here is making you think, "I won't be able to relate to him or have anything to talk to him about", that's something to think about. If it means, "I'm very socially self-conscious and with the way this boy presents himself in public, I will feel embarrassed every time we're seen together," that's also something to take into consideration.

But if it means, "There's this trait called 'geeky' which isn't supposed to be good, and so I need to make sure he doesn't fit whatever that means," you deserve to put more thought into your iy"H deep, lifelong relationship with your husband than that.

If you want to "talk it out" with us here on the forum to see what's really bothering you, feel free to do so!

All the best,
Aviva

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.