Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ongoing Story - New Story
mrswannabe

Dater

Send Message
Post Ongoing Story - New Story
on: March 25, 2014, 9:17 AM

Ayala's face was buried in her pillow, she felt the wetness soaking through to her face. How could he? How could he just break their engagement? WIthout even a warning?
"Ayala" Ayala heard her Mother calling her in a worried voice "can I come in? I want to talk to you."
"Not right now" answered Ayala in a muffled voice.
Things were going great! Ayala and Shimi had been engaged for two weeks already, the longer they were engaged the more she liked him and this?! Out of the blue.
"Ayala," Shimi had said "I really don't know how to say this, but the longer were'e engaged the more I keep thinking that maybe we're not really for each other."
Ayala felt a whole new torage of tears threatening to come pouring out. I can't stay up here forever Ayala thought squinting at the clock, 8:00, wow! She'd been up there for two hours!
"He's so cute," Talia had said right after the L'Chaim, and he was, he was so handsome, Ayala was so proud when she was together with him.
But not anymore, now it was over, over forever.
SHIMI HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?! Ayala screamed silently.
How can I go on? What do I tell my friends?
There had to be more to the story, she just wished she knew what it was.
I wonder if it has to do with that internet discussion we had on our last date, Ayala wondered.

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Ongoing Story - New Story
on: April 7, 2014, 9:56 PM

"Ayala" her mother said. "I made a delicious super. Ur favorite! Come down and eat something" "k ma, I'm coming soon"
She went to wash her face from all the smudged mascara.

just pray

Dater

Send Message
on: September 21, 2014, 9:04 PM

The next morning Ayala got up bright and early, I can't walk around like a kvetch forever Ayala said to herself. After a shower, Davening, and a quick breakfast, she was out the door and on her way to her job as a fifth grade Morah in the local day school. How am I going to let everyone know I'm no longer engaged? Ayala thought to herself. Hmm I know let me call Gitti Gitti, Ayala's good friend taught the other fifth grade class, she'll know what to do.

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: September 24, 2014, 2:49 AM

She quickly dialed up gitty's number. She had met gitty while in school for her education degree. They shared a love of learning, kids, and of helping others and quickly became close friends. After graduation Ayala was fortunate to get this job at the local school. When the parallel class had an opening, Ayala knew just who would be perfect for the job and had given the hanahala gitty's job resume.
"Hey" gitty said picking up after a couple of rings. Ayala could hear she was on speakerphone and knew Gitty was already on her way to work. "What's up? Everything ok?"
She was a concerned friend and that's what Ayala loved about her, she could always count on her. Ayala had briefly texted her last night to fill her in on the upsetting development and they had already agreed that they would go out after work to discuss what happened and treat Ayala.
" I know we'll talk later" Ayala said, "but I just need some chizuk to get me through the day. I'm at such a loss and not feeling much clarity. I want to be able to give my girls my all today and not to break down."
Contemplative as usual, gitty took a few moments before she responded. "Ayala, you are an amazing girl. You know Hashem has amazing things planned for you and He only tests those who can withstand it. It isn't easy but life isn't easy. Withstand this, get through this hardship and let it strengthen your emunah and you'll see that great things are in store for you."
Ayala let out the breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "Thanks so much. That was exactly what I needed. I'll see you at the school in a few."

just pray

Dater

Send Message
on: September 30, 2014, 11:44 PM

"Ayala!" screamed Shevi from across the parking lot, "guess who me and my Brother bumped into at the new Flieshig restaurant last night? Your Chosson!"

Ayala wished that the parking lot would just swallow her up right now. "I think he must have been eating out with his sister or something" said Shevi barely stopping to take a breath, "he was with some blonde haired girl, I guess that's your future sister in law. I'm so excited for you." And with that Shevi swooped down gave her a kiss on the cheek and was off to teach her class.

Sister? thought Ayala Shimi didn't have any Sisters?

Suddenly Ayala felt herself gulping for air, she felt something heavy weighing down her chest, Ayala needed to cry.

"Gitty, I need u,"Ayala texted. "b there in a sec" was Gitty's quick text back.

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: October 22, 2014, 2:08 AM

As Ayala walked across the parking lot, dragging her feet to let Shevi get ahead of her, she felt her renewed confidence from talking to Gitty fade. No one at school knew about yet, and she didn't want to be the one to tell them, so there were going to be more uncomfortable encounters like the one she just had with Shevi.
And who was this blonde girl that Shevi had seen Shimi with? He didn't have sisters. Was it a girl cousin who was in town visiting? Ayala tried to find an excuse for this to be anything but what she was suspecting.
How could he already be on a date?! They had just broken up, a few days ago they had been planning a life together. Wouldn't he need any time to regroup before he just moved on?

just pray

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 9:53 AM

I'm just going to be mature about it Ayala thought to herself. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. "Good morning class," said Ayala with a cheerful smile, "I'm not sure if any of you heard that I am no longer engaged." There was an audible gasp in the room but Ayala just ignored it and went on. "Everyone should please feel free to let everyone know. Now I would like everyone to please open up their Sefer Shmuel to Perek Bais...."

After class was over Ayala walked out feeling good about herself. Teaching was a great outlet to get her mind away from where it was the last few days. Maybe I'll stop at the coffee shop and get a coffee on the way home Ayala walked into the coffee shop, got on line, and then gasped standing in line right in front of her was none other than Shimi's Father. Oh no! This was getting way too complicated! Before she could even think, Shimi's father, Mr. Schwartz turned around.

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: November 6, 2014, 7:20 PM

1:00 AM BMG "Shimi where were you all this time?" Chaim asked. "Don't tell me you're getting back into things so quickly! I was waiting for you to tell you about my cousin's new shidduch idea for me." Shimi's face turned white. "I know it's standard practice to talk shidduchim here shidduchim there in this place, but it's actually none of your business!" Shimi snapped.
Chaim, known for his famous loose tongue, slapped him on the back, " Hey Shimi, I'm so sorry, you know me and my runaway tongue! Even that was low for me. Are you mochel?!" Shimi pretended to think for a minute. No one could stay mad at Chaim for long, he was just an innocent kid in some ways, "a little like Bin in the Mishpacha serial," he thought privately to himself. "Of course Chaim, but next time. ZIPPPP!" Chaim breathed a sigh of relief.

todarabbah

Dater

Send Message
on: November 9, 2014, 12:39 AM

Mr. Schwartz felt bad for Ayala. He couldn't believe his son made such a rash decision. Engagement is a commitment, not something to take lightly or be flaky about. As far as he was concerned, he felt Ayala was a good match for Shimi. She was a lovely girl from a prominent and generous family who would go out of her way to treat him well. Unfortunately, he couldn't control Shimi and tell him what to do. Seeing Ayala at the coffee shop only reminded him of the sorry state of affairs. He texted Shimi, "I just saw Ayala at the coffee shop. Are you still sure about this?"

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: November 30, 2014, 9:11 PM

Getting the text from his father, Shimi's brain swam with confusion. Why were his parents sending such mixed messages? When he had come home with doubts about a week after his vort he voiced his pre-wedding jitters to his parents hoping they would reassure him that it was normal and all was fine with him and his kallah. However, his mother, who along the way had often given him a difficult time about Ayala, had jumped at the opportunity to instill more doubts in Shimi's mind until he finally folded. His relationship with his mother became so tense and his father just stood by not taking a side that Shimi, under all the stress, had broken the engagement. What was his father doing now getting involved after staying silent so long? And what was Shimi supposed to do now that he was already dating Chani, a long time friend of Ayala's? How had he gotten himself into this mess and what was he supposed to do to get out? He wasn't sure about anything except the fact that he missed Ayala and he knew he must have broken her heart.

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: January 25, 2015, 6:10 PM

"I'm going to have a short nap now, before it's time for me to go to Special Fun", Shimi thought to himself. 'Special Fun' was a center for special needs kids to visit after school hours. Shimi was a volunteer there on Sunday afternoons during bein hasedorim and Shimi was especially attached to 'his' kid, Shmuli. Shmuli was five years old and unfortunately suffered from cerebral palsy. His movement was extremely limited and Shimi found it a zechus to be able to look after him. He was an extremely loveable kid and Shimi was looking forward to a distraction from the current mess in his mind and his life!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.105 seconds.