Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comments on Ongoing Story 2
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Comments on Ongoing Story 2
on: June 14, 2013, 3:44 PM

I've started another ongoing story - can we try to keep it kvetch free, please? I know the other story is great for letting out your anxiety/annoyance with shidduchim, but let's have a nice story that will lift our spirits - an important thing too. I'm not saying bad things shouldn't happen - but let's not have our main character kvetch.
For example - she is having a hard time at her job - instead of having a page of - "Oh my life is so hard, I can't stand it. Why me?" lets have a scene where she talks to a parent/sibling/coworker and figures things out.
Or she goes on a date and enjoys but the boy says no, so she can be upset and talk it through with a mentor/friend/etc and discuss why it was meant to be, what was the reason, what to do in the future - but lets not have her thinking about him sadly for the next few weeks...
Tip - every post should have either action or dialogue, or both.
Yah I know maybe not so realistic but can we try????

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Comments on Ongoing Story 2
on: June 14, 2013, 5:30 PM

Haha life123 I'm rolling right now! And I agree somewhere along the way in the other story the qvetching became way to much and overly dramatic! Maybe to the point where it was a bit comical.I didn't wanna say anything but now that u started this I just have to comment! I think after Dina and Donny broke up it started turnings into a serious of unfortunate events ( I luv those books). I agree keep the tragedies to a minimum and maybe have some more emotional insight 😀

sari2

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 14, 2013, 5:52 PM

Why would u say thts unrealistic I think its great to be positive yes things are hard but "if He brought u to it He'll bring u through it"

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 14, 2013, 6:28 PM

Quote from dancer90 on June 14, 2013, 5:30 PM
... and maybe have some more emotional insight 😀

Hang on, wasn't that the complaint about the original ongoing story? Instead of emotional insight, life123 wants "less kvetching" and more optimism.

I'm not saying that the amount of drama that recently occurred in the other story wasn't somewhat exaggerated and unrealistic; however, I do feel I need to call attention to what I think is an important point. It's okay to feel negative about these type of challenges (like Dina) without getting chastised that you're "kvetching."

To quote Dina, "It felt really good to be able to let it all out without worrying that they sounded like pessimists or whiners. They understood each other. Within the confines of their apartment, it was okay to drop the happy person persona they generally put on for the world at large. It didn't mean they were unhappy depressed people. It was an exercise in being human."

I think that was the purpose in all the "kvetching." Dina wasn't going around moping and being depressed. The "kvetching" was just her innermost thoughts, the aspect of her that makes her human. When you recognize these feelings and give yourself permission to face them rather than deny they exist, you can be a healthier more wholesome person.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 14, 2013, 7:11 PM

I meant emotional insight as in a variety of emotions rather than just anger and bitterness and one surprise after the next

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 10:22 PM

Actually, what I meant was that instead of having whole entries of discussion about how terrible the character feels, there should be only a line or two per entry, or some action taken to rectify the situation. So we'll have a story that puts us in an optimistic/active frame of mind.

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 11:45 PM

So we'll have the happy story for when your depressed
and the sad story for when you are happy 😛
Whats the plot going to be though? Is it still going to be her trying to get married? Just not focusing on the hard part of it all??
Maybe the main character should be a boy? It will be easy to make that happy! 😀

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 11:51 PM

Why don't we just add to it, without planning, so it's surprising? I can think of lots of things that could happen on a long roadtrip - meeting ppl, mysterious phone calls, getting lost...

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 11:53 PM

Well that was my question do we want it to revolve around dating? or no?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 11:55 PM

How bout everyone just do their own thing? Write about whatever you are in the mood of?

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 19, 2013, 3:23 PM

kk i posted something, if anyone wants to continue...!

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 23, 2013, 7:38 PM

S. I love how you put the two stories together very cute!

GoodQuesti-
on

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 23, 2013, 10:38 PM

Ha! I agree! That was too cute!! 🙂

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 25, 2013, 1:38 PM

i was tempted to be really evil and make this story take place two years down the line and mention who Dina had ended up marrying...but then I thought better of it!!!!

"like Mrs. Finer...what was her maiden name? Rineman? Kleinman? Yeah, that was it" lolollolol 😉

GoodQuesti-
on

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 26, 2013, 10:46 AM

Quote from s. on June 25, 2013, 1:38 PM
i was tempted to be really evil and make this story take place two years down the line and mention who Dina had ended up marrying...but then I thought better of it!!!!

"like Mrs. Finer...what was her maiden name? Rineman? Kleinman? Yeah, that was it" lolollolol 😉

Hahahah! That would have been too funny!! I love the way you think 😉

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 26, 2013, 2:02 PM

Quote from GoodQuestion on June 26, 2013, 10:46 AM

Quote from s. on June 25, 2013, 1:38 PM

Hahahah! That would have been too funny!! I love the way you think 😉

youre pretty good yourself 🙂 "D"!!! lol....aaaaaa!!!! clliffhanger!!

so I dont want to post twice in a row- can someone continue the story?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 26, 2013, 6:31 PM

Why don't you extend your post a little, maybe it'll give us some inspiration

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 6:24 AM

ok, i extended it! 😛

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 18, 2013, 7:47 PM

I want to continue this, but the last two or three posts had me so confused - who saw/did what regarding the car crash? anyone want to clarify?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.131 seconds.