Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wierd
Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Wierd
on: April 23, 2013, 11:20 PM

So I was just having a really funny conversation with a friend and I wanted to hear what you guys have to say. What's the weirdest conversation you ever had on a date?

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Wierd
on: April 25, 2013, 12:07 AM

like where the guy spoke for 20 minutes about how beautiful and fascinating manatee's are...? fyi: they are the sluggish, funny looking water animals...kind of like a cross between a hippo and a dolphin... here is a link to a pic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/FL_fig04.jpg

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 25, 2013, 12:16 AM

dance4ever: lol.

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 8:36 PM

more like colatptmhn - cry out loud and think PLEASE take me home NOW!!!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 10:38 PM

how about at the end of a first the boy informing me about the yeshiva near me his father or was it grandfather who donated a lot of money to and there is plaque honoring his father..then he proceeds to ask me (on the way home from the date) if i'd like to see it?!? of course i responded he could check it out, but i definitely was not walking into the lobby of a bais medrash!!
for goodness sakes what was he thinking? how awkward and weird!! why would a boy ask this?

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 10:54 PM

lol that is really weird! Maybe he thought it would look cute/cool and impressive if he walked in with a pretty girl...?
or it could be he just wasn't thinking when he said that. Did you actually drive there and he went in?

Cherry

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 11:16 PM

Lolol thts just weird!!! This one is not so funny but showed a real domineering and desperate personality, the GUY's mom telling the shadchan to give my parents her email. She wanted to deal direct... Is that normal??? Maybe in the more Heimish circles... Idk. Anyone heard of such a thing??

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 11:40 PM

I went out with a guy (I ended it...he was NOT for me) but he told me on the first date about how he was in college and there was this girl who was flirting and following him around! How crazy is that?? It's like he wanted to make me jealous and think what a catch he was or something...?

Cherry

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 11:52 PM

lol trytodowhatsright lol I can definitely relate... it reminds me of a guy that I was dating and him telling me once that all the girls 'swoon' over him... LOL!! I ended it for a few other reasons...

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 11:54 PM

LOL I just laughed that is funny...what an ego! Yeah I ended it for other reasons too.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 12:37 AM

Quote from dance4ever on April 25, 2013, 12:07 AM
like where the guy spoke for 20 minutes about how beautiful and fascinating manatee's are...? fyi: they are the sluggish, funny looking water animals...kind of like a cross between a hippo and a dolphin... here is a link to a pic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/FL_fig04.jpg

I have def met that guy.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 12:22 PM

I had a guy who was obsessed with his blackberry and after he finished talking about it for 20 minutes he KISSED it!!!!! I was thinking ' I hope u love ur wife more than u luv ur phone '! He thought he was so cool and it tot turned me off!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 4:15 PM

Quote from atararox on May 7, 2013, 12:22 PM
I had a guy who was obsessed with his blackberry and after he finished talking about it for 20 minutes he KISSED it!!!!! I was thinking ' I hope u love ur wife more than u luv ur phone '! He thought he was so cool and it tot turned me off!

Was he reading torah off it? Maybe that's why. lol

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 4:48 PM

Oh for sure! I jut forgot to mention that...

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 5:45 PM

Quote from atararox on May 7, 2013, 12:22 PM

OMG this made me laugh!!!!

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 1:07 AM

I once went out with a guy who spoke about the garbage system in his town, I mean how much more gross and boring can you get than that?? I could not wait to get home!

lukshenkug-
el

Dater

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 2:03 AM

Lemme guess, he must have been from Toronto, cuz the garbage system there is craaaaaaaazy. The biggest horror for a Torontonian is missing garbage day, people get heart palpitations just thinking about it....

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 1:23 PM

Omg reread what i wrote totally right its tot fine sorry!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 3:31 PM

Quote from basmelech on June 11, 2013, 1:23 PM
lk please be careful there that is lashon hara.

Really???????

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 3:33 PM

I don' think its lashon hara either.

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 6:49 PM

I went out with a guy who answered his phone on the date since the shadchen was calling him and talked to her for like a second and then put me on.. This was the first date, mind you, and I was NOT interested. So anyways, he was having a great time and he presumed I was so he gave the phone to me for some odd odd reason. Thank G-d, I think she thought it was weird too and made sure not to say how the dates going but more oh wow you guys are still out and where are you. But that was about it..

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 7:01 PM

Quote from pray today on June 11, 2013, 3:31 PM

Quote from basmelech on June 11, 2013, 1:23 PM
lk please be careful there that is lashon hara.

Really???????

Ok sorry it is probably avak lashon hara so wanted to let her know to be careful with postings.

sarala

Dater

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 7:25 PM

It's important to be extremely careful about loshon hara, so I thank you for pointing it out, BUT in order to do so you have to learn the halachos!!!
Saying that a boy who talks about garbage is probably from toronto is not loshon hara on the boy for the following reasons:

From Torah.org: "Lashon Hara is any derogatory or damaging statement against an individual. In Hilchot Deot 7:5, Maimonides supplies a litmus test for determining whether something is or isn't Lashon Hara: Anything which, if it would be publicized, would cause the subject physical or monetary damage, or would cause him anguish or fear, is Lashon Hara."

and avak lashon hara is NOT merely something that's "not really" LH. "Avak Lashon Hara refers to speech which incites the speaking of actual Lashon Hara."

So the warning was good, thanks basmelech

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 7:42 PM

Someone might refuse to go out with a boy from Toronto because of what you said.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 7:57 PM

So sorry guys just reread my postings and doesn't make sense back to topic!

sarala

Dater

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 8:40 PM

which group are you referring to basmelech? toronto government?

sarala

Dater

Send Message
on: June 11, 2013, 9:13 PM

Quote from patcha on June 11, 2013, 7:42 PM
Someone might refuse to go out with a boy from Toronto because of what you said.

why would s/o refuse to go out with a boy from toronto.
Facts:
1. toronto gov has crazy garbage disposal laws
2. there is a large jewish community in toronto= many boys that are dating from toronto
3. a person can find it interesting to talk about weird laws

So in the original story it may have been s/o from toronto or it may have been s/o with a roommate from toronto etc. or unrelated all together. WHAT does this have to do w toronto???? it just has to do with the boy who decided to talk about this random topic- no reflection on toronto.

Like dance4ever's manatees- had n/t to do w/ the manatees, just the guy who decided to discuss them.

????

This may seem like i'm blowing this whole thing out of proportion, but pls explain patcha thks!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 13, 2013, 1:45 PM

Quote from sarala on June 11, 2013, 9:13 PM

Quote from patcha on June 11, 2013, 7:42 PM

why would s/o refuse to go out with a boy from toronto.
Facts:
1. toronto gov has crazy garbage disposal laws
2. there is a large jewish community in toronto= many boys that are dating from toronto
3. a person can find it interesting to talk about weird laws

So in the original story it may have been s/o from toronto or it may have been s/o with a roommate from toronto etc. or unrelated all together. WHAT does this have to do w toronto???? it just has to do with the boy who decided to talk about this random topic- no reflection on toronto.

Like dance4ever's manatees- had n/t to do w/ the manatees, just the guy who decided to discuss them.

????

This may seem like i'm blowing this whole thing out of proportion, but pls explain patcha thks!

I was kind of joking. Just trying to think of a reason why this would be L"H.

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: September 7, 2015, 2:30 PM

does anyone else have funny or weird dating stories? they are great comic relief

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 16, 2015, 12:48 AM

I went out with a boy that didn't stop talking!! I mean really i was like a bobble head on that date. Up down up down he was sweet but i never met someone who talks that much lol 🙂

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 16, 2015, 12:50 AM

Quote from sarala on June 11, 2013, 7:25 PM
It's important to be extremely careful about loshon hara, so I thank you for pointing it out, BUT in order to do so you have to learn the halachos!!!
Saying that a boy who talks about garbage is probably from toronto is not loshon hara on the boy for the following reasons:

From Torah.org: "Lashon Hara is any derogatory or damaging statement against an individual. In Hilchot Deot 7:5, Maimonides supplies a litmus test for determining whether something is or isn't Lashon Hara: Anything which, if it would be publicized, would cause the subject physical or monetary damage, or would cause him anguish or fear, is Lashon Hara."

and avak lashon hara is NOT merely something that's "not really" LH. "Avak Lashon Hara refers to speech which incites the speaking of actual Lashon Hara."

So the warning was good, thanks basmelech

thank you sarala for correcting me so nicely 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.221 seconds.