Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Met the Boy in Bagel nosh
Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Met the Boy in Bagel nosh

This story really happened.It also has a happy ending, They ended up getting married(prob. cuz it was so awkward had no other choice.....jk!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
It happened to my sister.
We live out of town and of course we have siblings who live in lakewood. My sister was dating someone and it was moving along nicely. In the middle my sister and mother went into lkwd to visit. The boy of course was learning in a yeshiva in lakewood.
I'm telling it as if it happened to me( i know it all too well)
One day they wanted to go out to lunch and where else would they go other than the famous bagel nosh(btw they have the best best doughnuts EVER). So even before they went they said wouldn't it be crazy if we would meet "what's his name" it would be crazy, of all places of all times its no way going to happen.
Well i'm sure you can guess the end of the story as we are sitting there in walks " what's his name" and i turn as red as the tomato on my tuna sandwich(btw where i live has the best tuna... sorry bagel nosh πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ ). I start going crazy , i mean what is going to happen, should i say hello, should i make believe i don't know him, should i leave?????????????
The end is that" what's his name" came over said hello, how are you. Then said hello to my mother how are you mrs......... and enjoy the rest of you lunch.
And the rest is history πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Met the Boy in Bagel nosh

Amazing what not being socially awkward can do to improve your life.

Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message

So s/o who is embarrassed or afraid of the unknown is labeled" socially awkward",. how were they supposed to know then that it would work out??
I'm all for being a mentch bt just a bit of ahhhhh feeling feigy123???

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstand what I said; I may have been unclear.

You focus on the feeling, while I focus on the actions. It was a bit of an awkward situation, and that is fine--awkward situations happen. Feeling embarrassed or anxious is not socially awkward--not knowing how to handle social interactions is socially awkward.

Someone who walks past their date and her mother in the bagel store without saying hello because they don't know how to manage social interactions is socially awkward.

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

πŸ™‚

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.